The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
The oven is and always has been the heart of the kitchen. Gaggenau's ovens offer you the perfect combination of form and function with each one crafted to perfection to meet the most exacting professional demands.
The BL 253 Lift Oven with Automatic Elevating Base
Experience the unprecedented ease that brings sheer cooking pleasure into the kitchen. Gaggenau introduces the 24-inch Lift Oven with the LiftMatic function for unique oven loading and unloading. With the simple push of a button, the Lift Oven's glass ceramic base lowers directly from the oven to the countertop, where food dishes can be easily loaded and then raised into the cooking cavity. Since heat rises, the heat remains in the oven cavity, resulting in minimal energy loss during the lift operation. The Lift Oven's functionality increases safety, as the need to reach into a hot oven to remove food has been eliminated.
This fully integrated oven features 11 heating methods, including convection. The oven also provides automatic temperature recommendation and precise electronic temperature control plus the highly effective pyrolytic self-cleaning program that burns off splashes and residues left behind by cooked food. The oven is encased in a sleek stainless steel-tinted glass front, illuminated by halogen lighting that provides a luminous view of the interior, displaying perfectly prepared food. The innovative design of the Lift Oven with built-in placement in top cabinet locations or on a kitchen wall provides versatile options for smaller kitchens and opens up additional cabinet space in larger kitchens.
Wall-Mounted Lift Oven
Liftmatic Electrically Motorized:
Top/Bottom Special Heat:
85 - 570°F
Keeping Meals Warm Open/Closed:
Electronic Temperature Control:
Automatic Temperature Recommendation:
Heat-Up Temperature Display:
Residual Heat Display:
Function Display with Automatic Cooking Timer:
Lateral Halogen Lighting:
2 x 10W
Thermally Insulated Front with Multiple Glazing:
Cooled Housing with Delayed Shut-Off Fan:
Rack for Broil Tray:
Set of 2 Pizza Peels:
Enamelled Oven Interior:
Air Cleaning Catalyst:
- The lift function of the BL 253 lift oven makes loading and unloading baking trays and dishes nearly effortless.
- At the push of a button, the oven's base can be moved to a desired position.
- The oven also closes by the push of a button, ensuring hand safety in both directions.
- Hardly any energy loss occurs when opening the door - since heat rises, the heat stays inside.
Electronic Precision Temperature Control
- By precisely regulating the temperature, it is possible, for example, to roast large items at lower temperatures and to keep them warm for several hours without loss of quality.
- Roasts have never been so tender, pink and juicy.
"Thermo-Test" Actual Temperature Display
- Precise temperature control and monitoring are especially important in the preparation of some dishes.
- The "Thermo-Test" feature allows you to check the temperature in the cooking compartment at any time.
- And if, for example, you turn it down, it enables you to see when the new required temperature has been reached.
- Not even commercial appliances have this feature, which is highly appreciated by discerning home chefs.
- The BL 253 Lift Oven is able to quickly reach desired temperatures in most heating modes by using all available heating elements at the onset of cooking.
- Prevents the oven from being switched on unintentionally.
- Interrupts any heating of the oven after 12 hours if it is not in use and the Sabbath mode is not activated.
Cooled Housing with Temperature Protection
- Gaggenau ovens feature temperature protection against overheating of the built-in appliance and surrounding kitchen units.
- Automatic housing cooling switches on as needed, even after the oven is turned off.
- The fan system is virtually silent.
- This program, which operates at 905°F, removes any soiling of the oven's interior unavoidably produced by cooking vapors during roasting and broiling.
- The duration of the program is set by the Gaggenau factory.
- During cleaning, the oven door is locked and, once the oven has cooled down, it simply needs wiping with a damp cloth.
- When the autopyrolysis function is in operation, the appliance automatically determines the level of soiling in the interior of the oven.
- The optimum cleaning time is selected automatically.
Air Cleaning Catalyst
- Gaggenau is the first manufacturer to produce a built-in air cleaning system for ovens.
- At all temperatures, the heated catalyst prevents grease and odor particles from escaping when the oven door is closed.
- The catalytic converter is self-regenerating and has a virtually unlimited service life.
- The halogen lighting allows plenty of light and a good view of the oven compartment.
- You can check baking and roasting in all phases.
Heat-Insulated Door with Multiple-Fold Glazing
- The multiple glazing has four layers of glass.
- The temperature on the outer pane remains low, even when the pyrolytic process is at maximum power.