AccuCold by Summit Appliance offers a wide range of undercounter refrigeration for general purpose storage. The BI540 Series includes built-in undercounter refrigerator-freezers equipped with dual evaporator cooling for optimum storage conditions.
Sized with a 24" footprint, the BI540CSS can be used built-in under counters or freestanding. The interior offers over 5 cu. ft. of storage capacity. This model comes with a fully wrapped stainless steel cabinet and door. A curved towel bar handle completes the professional look.
Inside, a unique dual evaporator system separately cools the refrigerator and freezer section to ensure proper storage temperature. Cycle defrost operation reduces user maintenance in the automatic defrost fresh food section, while the manual defrost freezer compartment can maintain zero degrees. Door storage provides easy access for tall bottles and small condiments. Additional features include adjustable shelves, a clear crisper, and automatic interior lighting.
The BI540CSS has long proven itself to have one of the best temperature performance records in the industry. To see additional finish options on this unit, browse the full BI540 Series.
NOTE: This unit is designed for general purpose, medical, or commercial applications and does not meet DOE energy standards for residential use.
AccuCold by Summit has been supplying refrigerators and freezers to the medical, laboratory, pharmacy and scientific markets for over four decades. AccuCold features an extensive product line in all sizes, including the largest assortment in the industry of built-in undercounter and ADA-compliant models with locks, as well as a complete selection of chest and upright freezers, low-temperature freezers, and compact units. AccuCold offers their products with the features you need, including locks, temperature alarms, data loggers, and more. AccuCold is continuously innovating their product line to provide the highest quality, most convenient operation, and best value for all your pharmaceutical, scientific, medical, and laboratory storage needs.
This refrigerator uses 434 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $48.13.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Crisper Cover Type:
Rear Of Unit
Factory Installed Lock:
Dimensions and Weights
Slim Undercounter Dimensions
- Perfectly sized at 24" wide for easy placement in any location.
- Make the best use of space by installing your refrigerator-freezer under the counter and flush with other cabinets.
Fully Finished Cabinet
- Allows the unit to be used freestanding.
Dual Evaporator Cooling
- SUMMIT's unique and efficient dual evaporator separately cools the refrigerator while maintaining zero degrees in the freezer.
- Combines an automatic defrosting refrigerator with a manual defrosting freezer to save energy but protect contents.
Zero Degrees Freezer
- Keep ice cream frozen and freezer burn-free in a freezer that reaches and maintains zero degrees.
- Automatically illuminates when you open the door.
- Rearrange your refrigerator space to accommodate all shapes and sizes or remove shelves for a simple clean-up.
Fruit and Vegetable Crisper
- Get the longest life and best taste out of produce by storing greens in a convenient slide drawer.
- Store large bottles right on the door for easy access.
- Control your food's temperature with ease and accuracy.
- Available on base models only.
Stainless Steel Door
- Units ending in SSTB and SSHH come with wrapped stainless steel doors for durable elegance.
Professional Stainless Steel Handles
- On stainless steel doors, choose a vertical towel bar handle or a horizontal handle.
Complete Stainless Steel Construction
- Choose "CSS" units for a complete stainless steel exterior.
- Base model and units ending in "FR" and "IF" let you customize your front by inserting a panel on the door frame.
100% CFC Free
- Environmentally friendly design without ozone-damaging chemicals.