48 Inch Built-in Side-by-Side Refrigerator from Sub-Zero
Wrinkled fruit, wilted lettuce. You've seen your share of past due, even spoiled food in the refrigerator. Well, it doesn't have to be that way - the Sub-Zero 48 Built-in Side-by-Side Refrigerator keeps your food fresher longer with the most advanced food preservation technology available - a technology developed through almost 70 years of research. That means crisper greens, juicier peppers, blueberries that burst with flavor - even weeks after you've brought them home from the market. You'll taste the difference.
With dual refrigeration, fresh foods thrive in a humid yet chilly climate, while frozen and convenience foods get the dry, frigid air they need. An air purification system inspired by NASA technology scrubs the air of ethylene gas, bacteria, mold and viruses. A magnetic door seal system locks in cold, while an advanced microprocessor provides pinpoint climate control. Storage capacity for the BI-48S is a generous 19.1 cu. ft. refrigerator, 9.8 cu. ft. freezer. Bottom line More flavorful, delicious food for you, your family, your guests. Available at AJ Madison.
In the Beginning
In 1943, Westye F. Bakke built the first freestanding freezer in the basement of his Madison, WI. home. A businessman with a keen ability to anticipate post-World War II refrigeration trends, he founded Sub-Zero Freezer Company just two years later in an old two-car garage. From its modest beginnings, Sub-Zero has become what it is today: the recognized leading manufacturer of premium built-in home refrigerators.
Since its founding, Sub-Zero has pioneered quality products that meet its customers needs. In the mid-1950s, for example, the company developed the built-in refrigerator - a unit that changed the future of kitchen design by fitting within surrounding counter and cabinet space. Over time, the company has refined its early concept and has brought to market a comprehensive line of built-in models, including the 200 Series of undercounter models, its award-winning 500 Series, the design-flexible 600 Series, the integrated 700 Series, and, most recently, the state-of-the-art 400 Series of wine storage.
For 60 years, Sub-Zero has offered innovative, aesthetically appealing and technologically advanced solutions to meet virtually any home refrigeration need. Through foresight and responsiveness, the company has earned its position as an industry leader - a position Sub-Zero intends to maintain well into the new millennium.
What do you want your kitchen to be Sub-Zero refrigerators, freezers and wine storage units are the definitive kitchen components. Made by hand. Tested to the nth degree. With innovative dual refrigeration. Built to the same exacting standards, Wolf cooking instruments help give the fullest expression to your love of good food and the pleasure of preparing it. Wolf fuels your passion for cooking.
This refrigerator uses 676 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $74.97.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Overlay or Flush Inset, Stainless Steel with Tubular Handles, Stainless Steel with Pro Handles
Dual Refrigeration System:
Informational Freshness Cards Inside Unit:
Fresh Food Section
4 Spill-Proof Glass; Adjustable
Air Purification System:
1; with Divider
2; with Divider
Adjustable Dairy Compartment:
3 Wire; Adjustable
Water Filtration System:
115V, 60 Hz
1/4" OD Copper Line, 30-100 psi
Dimensions and Weights
582 - 630 Lbs.
Adjustable Shelves for Maximum Convenience
- Food comes in all shapes and sizes, and the interior design of our refrigerators and freezers accommodates that diversity. Main shelves, door shelves, even dividers in drawers adjust to allow the most convenient configuration possible.
LED Interior Lighting
- See all your fresh foods more clearly and easily. LED lighting is also more energy-efficient - designed to last the life of your refrigerator.
Air Purification System
- Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage. This refrigerator comes with an anti-microbial purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene, as well as mold, viruses and bacteria
Microprocessor Control Guarantees Peak Performance
- Preserves your food by adjusting to your individual climate and schedule. It continuously monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control, so foods are kept at their ideal temperature, varying by only one degree of your set point.
- Also lets you finesse your lighting and cooling fan, tells you if your door is ajar, and defrosts when it's most convenient for you.
Helpful Freshness Cards
- Different foods require different storage procedures. That's why, inside each refrigerator, we include "freshness cards" that provide easy-to-follow tips for ensuring maximum food preservation.
Automatic Ice Maker with "Max Ice" Feature
- High-efficiency unit provides crescent-shaped ice cubes and includes a "max ice" feature capable of increasing ice production by an average of 30 percent for a 24-hour period - just the boost you need for parties and holidays.
- This technology pioneered by Sub-Zero features separate compressors and cooling systems for the refrigerator and freezer. Fresh food stays fresher in cool, moist air on one side, while frigid, dry air prevents frost and freezer burn on the other.
- Crispers and deli drawers are strategically located near the evaporator to maintain temperatures a few degrees cooler than the rest of the unit. Drawers are sealed to lock in humidity and ensure freshness.
- Designed to reduce contaminants and chlorine taste and odors when purifying water or ice, this low-maintenance system uses a filter built to last 1 year or 750 gallons. Replacement is fast and easy.
Magnetic Door Seal System Locks in Cold Air
- One-piece construction, extra-heavy insulation and magnetic gaskets around every door lock in cold air. Our seals are so secure that even after power outages of multiple days, owners report no thawing of their frozen foods!