42 Inch Built-in French Door Refrigerator with 24.7 cu. ft. Capacity
Sub-Zero's 42 inch French Door refrigerator offers 15% more refrigerator storage than Sub-Zero's other 42 inch side-by-side models - that means easier access to more of the fresh food you reach for most regularly, and with a two-column shelving system, you'll have more flexibility for storing taller bottles and containers too.
Dual refrigeration provides the ideal humid yet chilly conditions for fresh foods, along with dry, frigid air for frozen and convenience foods. An advanced air purification system scrubs the air of ethylene gas, bacteria, mold and viruses. Easy-to-use controls, magnetic door seals and a microprocessor add to the powerful preservation package. And the water filtration system reduces contaminants and chlorine taste and odors when purifying water or ice.
Since its founding, Sub-Zero has pioneered quality products that meet its customers needs. In the mid-1950s, for example, the company developed the built-in refrigerator - a unit that changed the future of kitchen design by fitting within surrounding counter and cabinet space. For 60 years, Sub-Zero has offered innovative, aesthetically appealing and technologically advanced solutions to meet virtually any home refrigeration need. Through foresight and responsiveness, the company has earned its position as an industry leader and seeks to maintain this reputation with a dedication to quality design and customer satisfaction.
This refrigerator uses 693 kWh/yr. and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $76.85.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating cost is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh.
For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Color Appearance Options:
Stainless Steel, Panel Ready
24.7 Cu. Ft.
6; Adjustable Glass
1 with Dividers
6; 4 Adjustable, 2 Fixed
Dimensions and Weights
- Each built-in combination unit comes with separate cooling systems for the refrigerator and freezer.
- Fresh food stays fresher in cool, moist air on one side, while frigid, dry air prevents frost and freezer burn on the other.
- Provides optimum preservation conditions for each type of food.
Maximum Capacity In A 42" Built-In French Door Model
- The Sub-Zero 42" over-and-under with French door provides nearly 25 cubic feet of combined refrigerator and freezer capacity.
- That's more usable space than any built-in French door model.
- With a refrigerator that's 12% roomier than a Sub-Zero 42" side-by-side model, too.
Excellent Design Flexibility
- Sub-Zero's built-in refrigeration models can be outfitted with stainless-steel panels or custom cabinetry panels.
- And may be installed flush with surrounding cabinetry for a more integrated look.
- Handle and grille styles are also customizable.
Air Purification System
- Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage.
- Sub-Zero's built-in refrigerators come with an anti-microbial air-purification system (based on technology developed by NASA).
- It scrubs the air of ethylene, as well as mold, viruses and bacteria every 20 minutes.
Water Filtration System
- This low-maintenance system reduces suspended particles and chemical pollutants and filters out chlorine taste and odors in water used for ice production.
- The filter lasts for 1 year or 750 gallons, and replacement is fast and easy.
Bright Interior Lighting
- Evenly distributed interior lighting - powered by specially designed 40-watt appliance bulbs in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Illuminates food on shelves and in storage drawers when unit doors are open.
Low-Temperature/High-Humidity Storage Zones
- Crispers and deli drawers are strategically located near the evaporator.
- Maintain temperatures a few degrees cooler than the rest of the unit.
- Drawers are sealed to lock in humidity and freshness.
Informational Freshness Cards
- Different foods require different storage procedures.
- That's why, located inside each built-in refrigerator unit, specially designed freshness cards provide easy-to-follow tips.
- Ensures maximum food preservation.
Ice Making Features
- An automatic icemaker provides crescent-shaped ice cubes.
- Includes a "max ice" feature capable of increasing purified ice production by up to 40 percent for a 24-hour period.
Six Adjustable Refrigerator Shelves
- The 42" over-and-under with French door is the only Sub-Zero with refrigerator shelving that is split into two columns for maximum flexibility.
- Line up two half-shelves to form a full-width shelf, or stagger their positions to customize storage for tall or short items.
Nano-Coated Spill-Proof Shelving
- A microthin layer of coating applied to the sides of each modular shelf prevents spills from spreading - making cleanup a breeze.
Full-Width Deli Compartment
- A soft-close deli drawer that spans the width of the refrigerator's interior provides ample room for packages and trays of meats, cheeses and more.
- Plastic dividers can be arranged for extra organization, or removed altogether.