In the Beginning
In 1943, Westye F. Bakke built the first freestanding freezer in the basement of his Madison, WI. home. A businessman with a keen ability to anticipate post-World War II refrigeration trends, he founded Sub-Zero Freezer Company just two years later in an old two-car garage. From its modest beginnings, Sub-Zero has become what it is today: the recognized leading manufacturer of premium built-in home refrigerators.
Since its founding, Sub-Zero has pioneered quality products that meet its customers needs. In the mid-1950s, for example, the company developed the built-in refrigerator - a unit that changed the future of kitchen design by fitting within surrounding counter and cabinet space. Over time, the company has refined its early concept and has brought to market a comprehensive line of built-in models, including the 200 Series of undercounter models, its award-winning 500 Series, the design-flexible 600 Series, the integrated 700 Series, and, most recently, the state-of-the-art 400 Series of wine storage.
For 60 years, Sub-Zero has offered innovative, aesthetically appealing and technologically advanced solutions to meet virtually any home refrigeration need. Through foresight and responsiveness, the company has earned its position as an industry leader - a position Sub-Zero intends to maintain well into the new millennium.
What do you want your kitchen to be Sub-Zero refrigerators, freezers and wine storage units are the definitive kitchen components. Made by hand. Tested to the nth degree. With innovative dual refrigeration. Built to the same exacting standards, Wolf cooking instruments help give the fullest expression to your love of good food and the pleasure of preparing it. Wolf fuels your passion for cooking.
Newly redesigned, refrigerator door above, freezer drawer below. The Sub-Zero BI-36U over-and-under refrigerator/freezer gives you large-capacity refrigeration, plus generous freezer space (and an ice maker) in the two-tier pullout drawer. Exterior refinements include redesigned grilles and lower-profile hinges. Inside, new technology in food preservation makes the new built-ins nothing short of revolutionary. Available at AJ Madison.
MFG SKU BI-36U/F
Energy Star Qualified:
Adjustable, Spill-Proof Glass Shelves:
Informational Freshness Cards Inside Unit:
Dual Refrigeration System:
Air Purification System:
Adjustable Glass Shelves:
Stationary Glass Shelf:
1 with Divider
1 with Divider
Adjustable Door Shelves:
Stationary Door Shelves:
Adjustable Dairy Compartment:
Water Filtration System:
Full-Extension Roll-Out Freezer Drawer:
Two-Tier Wire Storage Baskets:
115 V AC, 60 Hz
1/4" OD Copper Line, 30-100 psi
Dimensions and Weights
Door Clearance - Standard:
Door Clearance - Flush Inset:
482 - 515 Lbs.
- Over-and-Under Refrigerator/Freezer
- Framed, Overlay and Classic Stainless Steel Model Options
- Flush Inset Design Installation Option
- Allows unit to sit flush with surrounding cabinetry.
- Evenly-Distributed Bright Interior Lighting
- Adjustable, Spill-Proof Glass Shelves
- Crisper and Deli Drawers Form A Special Low-Temperature Zone
- Informational Freshness Cards Inside Unit
- Max Ice Feature Produces Ice 40% Faster For A 24-Hour Period
- Dual Refrigeration System
- Model BI-36U Is Energy Star Qualified
- Meets Strict Department of Energy Requirements
- Uses less energy than a 100-watt light bulb.
- Flip-Up Grille Allows Unit To Be Completely Built In and Serviced From The Front
- UL Approved For US and Canada
- Star-K Kosher Certified As Sabbath and Holiday-Compliant
- Two, Five and Twelve-Year Residential Warranty
- Exclusions apply - see warranty terms.
MFG SKU BI-36U/F