Sub Zero's 36" Built-In Side-by-Side Refrigerator/Freezer
Wrinkled fruit, wilted lettuce. You've seen your share of past due, even spoiled food in the refrigerator. Well, it doesn't have to be that way - the Sub-Zero 36 Built-in Side-by-Side Refrigerator keeps your food fresher longer with the most advanced food preservation technology available - technology developed thorugh almost 70 years of research. That means crisper greens, juicier peppers, blueberries that burst with flavor - even weeks after you've brought them home from the market. You'll taste the difference.
With dual refrigeration, fresh foods thrive in a humid yet chilly climate, while frozen and convenience foods get the dry, frigid air they need. An air purifcation system inspired by NASA technology scrubs the air of ethylene gas, bacteria, mold and viruses. A magnetic door seal system locks in cold, while an advanced microprocessor monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control. Storage capacity for theBI-36S is a generous 12.4 cu. ft. refrigerator, 8.2 cu. ft. freezer. Bottom line More flavorful, delicious food for you, your family, your guests.
In the Beginning
In 1943, Westye F. Bakke built the first freestanding freezer in the basement of his Madison, WI. home. A businessman with a keen ability to anticipate post-World War II refrigeration trends, he founded Sub-Zero Freezer Company just two years later in an old two-car garage. From its modest beginnings, Sub-Zero has become what it is today: the recognized leading manufacturer of premium built-in home refrigerators.
Since its founding, Sub-Zero has pioneered quality products that meet its customers needs. In the mid-1950s, for example, the company developed the built-in refrigerator - a unit that changed the future of kitchen design by fitting within surrounding counter and cabinet space. Over time, the company has refined its early concept and has brought to market a comprehensive line of built-in models, including the 200 Series of undercounter models, its award-winning 500 Series, the design-flexible 600 Series, the integrated 700 Series, and, most recently, the state-of-the-art 400 Series of wine storage.
For 60 years, Sub-Zero has offered innovative, aesthetically appealing and technologically advanced solutions to meet virtually any home refrigeration need. Through foresight and responsiveness, the company has earned its position as an industry leader - a position Sub-Zero intends to maintain well into the new millennium.
What do you want your kitchen to be Sub-Zero refrigerators, freezers and wine storage units are the definitive kitchen components. Made by hand. Tested to the nth degree. With innovative dual refrigeration. Built to the same exacting standards, Wolf cooking instruments help give the fullest expression to your love of good food and the pleasure of preparing it. Wolf fuels your passion for cooking.
The Sub-Zero BI-36S side-by-side refrigerator/freezer provides maximum side-by-side refrigeration capacity in a compact width. Sub-Zero dual refrigeration along with new air purification and water filtration systems guard the freshness of your food and water like nothing before. Framed, overlay and stainless steel models are available. The new flush inset design installation option allows the unit to sit flush with surrounding cabinetry. Available at AJ Madison.
MFG SKU BI-36S
This refrigerator uses 631 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $69.98.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Overlay or Flush Inset, Stainless Steel with Tubular Handles, Stainless Steel with Pro Handles
Dual Refrigeration System:
Informational Freshness Cards Inside Unit:
Adjustable, Spill-Proof Glass Shelves:
Refrigerator Section Specifications
Adjustable Glass Shelves:
Stationary Glass Shelf:
Adjustable Door Shelves:
Stationary Door Shelves:
Air Purification System:
Adjustable Dairy Compartment:
Freezer Section Specifications
Water Filtration System:
Adjustable Wire Shelves:
Stationary Solid Shelf:
Adjustable Door Shelves:
115 V AC, 60 Hz
1/4" OD Copper Line, 30-100 psi
Dimensions and Weights
500 - 538 Lbs.
- Means separate compressors and cooling systems for the refrigerator and freezer. Fresh food stays fresher in cool, moist air while frigid, dry air prevents frost and freezer burn on the other - optimum preservation conditions for each type of food.
Adjustable Shelving System
- Food comes in all shapes and sizes, and the interior design of Sub Zero refrigerators and freezers accommodates that diversity. Main shelves, door shelves, even dividers in drawers adjust to allow the most convenient configuration possible.
Crispers and Deli Drawer Storage
- Crispers and deli drawers are strategically located near the evaporator to maintain temperatures a few degrees cooler than the rest of the unit. Drawers are sealed to lock in humidity and ensure freshness.
Automatic Ice Maker with "Max Ice" Feature
- High-efficiency unit provides crescent-shaped ice cubes and includes a "max ice" feature capable of increasing ice production by an average of 30 percent for a 24-hour period - just the boost you need for parties and holidays.
Water Filtration System
- Designed to reduce contaminants and chlorine taste and odors when purifying water for ice, this low-maintenance system uses a filter built to last 1 year or 750 gallons. Replacement is fast and easy.
Air Purification System
- Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage. Sub-Zero's refrigerators come with an anti-microbial air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene, mold, viruses and bacteria.
Magnetic Door Seal System Locks in Cold Air
- One-piece construction, extra-heavy insulation and magnetic gaskets around every door lock in cold air. Seals are so secure that even after power outages of multiple days, owners report no thawing of their frozen foods!
LED Lighting for a Bright Interior
- See all your fresh foods more clearly and easily. LED lighting is also more energy-efficient - designed to last the life of your refrigerator.
Helpful Freshness Cards
- Different foods require different storage procedures. That's why, inside each refrigerator, Sub Zero includes "freshness cards" that provide easy-to-follow tips for ensuring maximum food preservation.
Built for Durability
- These refrigerators from Sub Zero are rigorously tested to stand up to at least 20 years of heavy use.