36 Inch Built-in All-Refrigerator with 23.3 cu. ft. Capacity
How often have you wished for a larger refrigerator Weekly Daily We invite you to think modular and solve your food storage problems once and for all. The Sub-Zero 36 all refrigerator unit delivers an impressive 23.3 cu. ft. of well-organized refrigerator storage. Pair it with its partner, the Sub-Zero 36 all freezer, and you'll have flavorful food on hand no matter how large your family or how often you entertain.
Rest assured it will stay fresher longer, thanks to the BI-36R's advanced food preservation features. NASA-inspired air purification scrubs the air of ethylene gas that hastens food spoilage, and also reduces odors by removing bacteria, mold and viruses. A magnetic door seal system locks in cold, while a state-of-the-art micro-processor precisely controls temperatures. Crisper and deli drawers form a lower-temperature zone ideal for produce and meat. At last, you can have exactly the kind of refrigeration you've wished for.
Since its founding, Sub-Zero has pioneered quality products that meet its customers needs. In the mid-1950s, for example, the company developed the built-in refrigerator - a unit that changed the future of kitchen design by fitting within surrounding counter and cabinet space. For 60 years, Sub-Zero has offered innovative, aesthetically appealing and technologically advanced solutions to meet virtually any home refrigeration need. Through foresight and responsiveness, the company has earned its position as an industry leader and seeks to maintain this reputation with a dedication to quality design and customer satisfaction.
This refrigerator uses 404 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $44.8.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Energy Star Qualified:
Adjustable, Spill-Proof Glass Shelves:
Informational Freshness Cards Inside Unit:
Air Purification System:
Adjustable Glass Shelves:
Stationary Glass Shelf:
1 with Dividers
2 with Dividers
Adjustable Door Shelves:
Stationary Door Shelves:
Adjustable Dairy Compartment:
115 V AC, 60 Hz
Dimensions and Weights
Door Clearance - Standard:
Door Clearance - Flush Inset:
391 - 420 Lbs.
- It continuously monitors each section of your Sub-Zero for pinpoint climate control, so foods are kept at their ideal temperature, varying by only one degree of your set point. Also lets you finesse your lighting and cooling fan, tells you if your door is
Air Purification System
- Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage. Sub-Zero's built-in refrigerators come with an anti-microbial air purification system (based on technology developed by NASA) that scrubs the air of ethylene, as well as mold, v
- Main shelves, door shelves, even dividers in drawers adjust to allow the most convenient configuration possible.
Magnetic Door Seal System
- One-piece construction, extra-heavy insulation and magnetic gaskets around every door lock in cold air.
- See all your fresh foods more clearly and easily. LED lighting is also more energy-efficient - designed to last the life of your refrigerator.
Panel Ready Design
- Just add your custom cabinetry panels and handles, and it blends into the décor of any room.