The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
The right hood makes a big difference in any kitchen, but the stakes are particularly high in open plan accommodation: with no walls or doors to keep cooking steam and smoke out of eating and living areas, a highly effective hood is essential. And since no walls means nothing to hide behind, the hood must also be quiet in operation and inoffensive to the eye.
AW 200/201 Wall Mounted Hood
The classic, with new technology. Clear design, beautiful, discreet. A ventilator for air extraction or recirculation. 36" in width. Especially quiet, despite its extremely high power. Eight touch buttons take you through all functions quickly and easily. Stainless steel grease filter. Three air output levels, one intensive mode, a delayed shut-off function for up to ten minutes. In stainless steel or, matching the 200 series of built-in appliances, in shot-blasted aluminum. Dimmable Soft-Light. Brings illumination levels up gently from background lighting to bright intensity. Also available as the AI 200 island hood, 40" wide, with the same features.
Air Extraction Performance: Unobstructed Airflow:
Air Extraction Noise Level:
Recirculation Noise Level:
Stainless Steel Grease Filter:
Grease Filter Saturation Display:
3 x 20W
Compact Fluorescent Tube Lighting:
Exhaust Air Connection Piece:
Minimum Clearance Above Cooking Points
In The Case of Gas Appliances:
In The Case of Electric Appliances:
- Most Gaggenau ventilator hoods can be used both for air extraction and recirculation.
- In the extraction function, cooking fumes are released outside either directly or via a ventilation duct.
- In the recirculation function, a built-in active charcoal filter absorbs kitchen steam.
- In both cases the air, which is saturated with grease and odor particles, first passes through a grease filter.
- This prevents the inside of the hood and the exhaust air ducts from becoming coated with deposits.
- The circulating air version, in which no air is released outside, absorbs odor particles with an additional, active charcoal filter.
- This needs replacing about twice a year - a simple operation with all Gaggenau ventilation appliances.
Grease Filter Saturation Indicator
- For ease of hood maintenance.
- A blinking light on the control panel acts as a reminder that the grease filter is due for cleaning.
- Soiled filters are less effective and increase noise levels in the hood.
- Three power settings and an additional intensive mode can be activated via individual control buttons.
- The intensive mode automatically switches back to the previously selected setting after three, five or ten minutes running, depending on the model - which is very practical, especially after searing meat.
- When this feature is activated, the extractor hood automatically switches to the pre-selected power setting for five minutes during each hour, allowing the room to be regularly supplied with fresh air, even when vacated for long periods.
- It is also ideal when the room needs plenty of ventilation overnight.
- For example after a big party in the kitchen.
- This function allows one to set the ventilation to stay on for a further ten minutes after use on any setting, before automatically switching itself off.
- This way, the air is cleaned especially thoroughly after cooking.
- The soft-light illumination of the cooking zones automatically goes on and off gradually.
- Can be dimmed manually from bright illumination of the cooking zones to atmospheric background lighting.
Stainless Steel Grease Filter
- With Gaggenau ventilator hoods, the saturated air with grease and odor particles first passes through a grease filter.
- This prevents the inside of the hood and the exhaust air ducts from becoming coated.
- The stainless steel filter can be easily removed and cleaned in the dishwasher.
Must order duct covers.
Gaggenau 200 Series AW200792 Reviews