Most people associate the name AGA with good food and fine living. And although it's often thought of as quintessentially British, the AGA actually began life in Sweden. The celebrated cooker found in 750,000 households worldwide was invented by Dr. Gustav Dalen, a blind Nobel Prize-winning physicist. Appalled that his wife and their maid had to constantly tend to their old-fashioned range, Dalen set out to design a modern cooker that would look after itself. It's unlikely Dalen could have predicted that his invention would go on to be widely acclaimed as a design icon, but it has.
Available at AJ Madison.
Over the last 80 years AGA has built on that iconic design, creating new products for the day's needs. Additions to the AGA family like dual fuel and electric cooking products, as well as refrigeration, have brought them a long way from Dalen's first cooker in 1922, but close to their heritage.
AGA Total Control Range Cookers
At the heart of the electric AGA Total Control is a touchscreen control panel which putsyou in charge of how and when the range cooker is used. Discreetly housed behind the top left door, the nerve center of the AGA Total Control can be accessed directly or programmed via a remote control handset. Using the control panel, the hotplates and ovens can be turned on manually when needed. It's so flexible- you can heat one hotplate or both! You can heat the roasting oven, the baking oven, the slow cook oven - or all three! Get yours today at AJ Madison.
240 Volts, 40 Amp Dedicated Circuit
Approximate Shipping Weight:
Cast Iron, Radiant-heat Ovens
- The cast iron ovens of the AGA Total Control are gentle on food and lock in moisture, flavor, and texture. The indirect radiant heat within the ovens comes from all surfaces simultaneously, and won't dry out food like typical range elements or flames.
Multiple Ovens with Huge Capacity
- Because there are no elements or flames, all oven space can be used for cooking. The design allows you to grill at the top of the roasting oven, bake in the middle, and fry on the floor...all while simmering, boiling, or toasting on the hotplates!
Always at the Right Temperature
- Each oven and hotplate is pre-set to be at the perfect heat for the job, making cooking easy. Like a chef's kitchen, each oven is named by its function - slow cooking, baking, or roasting and is controlled independently by the touch-screen.
10 Cooking Methods
- There's no food this amazing range cooker cannot prepare to perfection. No other range can accomplish so much with so little fuss.
- Water boils in approximately two minutes on an AGA. The boiling plate cooks so rapidly that fresh vegetables retain more of their natural flavour, colour, and nutrients. Provides a good rolling boil for making quick jam.
- The simmering plate is so gentle it allows milk to heat without boiling over. It's perfect for making sauces and simmering soup.
- Cooked on your AGA boiling plate in the special cast iron grill pan, fierce heat reminiscent of a charcoal grill sears the outside of the meat, sealing in flavour and juices while the meat gently cooks to perfection in the inside.
- Tackle Asian cooking with an AGA wok on the boiling plate for fast stir fries and quick cooking.
- Create crunchier-on-the-outside, moister on the inside fried/sautéed chicken.
- AGA toast tastes better and even looks better; every slice is branded with the distinctive waffle pattern. Toasted sandwiches can be cooked directly on the simmering plate.
- Unlike conventional ranges, the heat comes from all directions, not just one. Shrinkage and dryness are reduced because there are no flames or elements inside the ovens to dry out the meat.
- Like a traditional baker's brick oven, the AGA roasting and baking ovens provide all-around, consistent heat, to create feathery pastries, moist cakes, and perfectly baked breads.
- The AGA Total Control can steam a sponge pudding to perfection without turning your kitchen into a sauna, and unpleasant lingering cooking smells are banished.
- The slow cooking oven's gently persistent heat helps you create richer, juicier casseroles, stews, and slow roasting or braising cuts of meat. It slow cooks for hours.
The Boiling Plate
- Located on the left, the boiling plate is the hotter of the two at 626°F.
The Simmering Plate
- Located on the right and the cooler of the two, the simmering plate delivers gentle heat for perfect sauces and soups.
- Discreetly housed behind the top left door, the touch-screen panel puts you in charge of how and when the range cooker is used.
Oven Operation Modes
- Manual, Slumber, Auto and Auto Slumber
Remote Control Handset
- With the remote control, you can program the cast-iron ovens to come on automatically for one or two cooking cycles per day, seven days a week.