The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
The right hood makes a big difference in any kitchen, but the stakes are particularly high in open plan accommodation: with no walls or doors to keep cooking steam and smoke out of eating and living areas, a highly effective hood is essential. And since no walls means nothing to hide behind, the hood must also be quiet in operation and inoffensive to the eye.
The AT 400 Backsplash Ventilation
A new dimension in ventilation: The AT 400 backsplash ventilation is a work of art created to complement a restaurant-grade cooktop. It eliminates vapors and odors directly at the point where they occur - on the cooktop, bringing the highest ventilation power levels to islands and smaller kitchens. The innovative, sensible technology of the AT 400 works quietly and efficiently, creating an open kitchen free of vapors and noise. It also serves as additional workspace for serving dishes or preparing ingredients.
The AT 400 has received a Good Design Award from the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design, and a Product Innovator Award from K+BB magazine.
Air Extraction Performance: Unobstructed Airflow:
Metal Grease Filter:
Grease Drain Channel:
Delayed Shut-Off Function:
Grease Filter Saturation Display:
Control Panel Arrangement:
Control Buttons On The Front
Compact Fluorescent Tube:
79" Gounded Plug
Min. 37 3/16" - Max. 42 5/16"
- An attractive solution, especially for a cooking island.
- The headroom is unrestricted because grease splashes and cooking fumes are extracted directly behind the cooktop.
- The hood's housing offers additional workspace to place ingredients and plates within easy reach.
- The glare-free light fully illuminates the cooktop.
- The efficient recirculation operation with high air extraction performance and low noise level makes installing exhaust ducts and calculating air lines unnecessary.
- The centrifugal grease filter expels grease particles from the exhaust air and collects them in drip trays.
- The filters and trays can be easily accessed when taking off the front panel and are dishwasher safe.
- The compact blower housing is installed on the bottom of the lower cabinet, leaving ample storage space.
- The activated charcoal filter in the fan housing absorbs odors before the cleaned air gets released through an opening in the cabinet's toe kick.
Centrifugal Grease Filter
- The exhaust air is heavily rotated several times so that grease particles are expelled efficiently.
- The filter elements can be cleaned in a dishwasher.
- This function allows you to set the ventilation to run on for an additional ten minutes after use on any setting, before automatically switching itself off.
Grease Filter Saturation Indication
- When the grease filter is due for cleaning, a light on the control panel blinks, acting as a reminder.
- This keeps the filters from becoming too soiled, which can increase the noise level and decrease the effectiveness of the hood.
- Three power settings and an additional intensive mode can be activated via individual control buttons or knobs.
- Depending on the model, the intensive mode automatically switches back to the previously selected setting after three, five or ten minutes of operation.
- When this is activated, the hood automatically switches to the previously selected output level for five minutes every hour.
- As a result, fresh air can be fed into the room in the event of prolonged absence.
Gaggenau 400 Series AT400700 Reviews