Most people associate the name Aga with good food and fine living. And although it's often thought of as quintessentially British, the Aga actually began life in Sweden. The celebrated cooker found in 750,000 households worldwide was invented by Dr. Gustav Dalen, a blind Nobel Prize-winning physicist. Appalled that his wife and their maid had to constantly tend to their old-fashioned range, Dalen set out to design a modern cooker that would look after itself. It's unlikely Dalen could have predicted that his invention would go on to be widely acclaimed as a design icon, but it has.
Over the last 80 years Aga has built on that iconic design, creating new products for the day's needs. Additions to the Aga family like dual fuel and electric cooking products, as well as refrigeration, have brought them a long way from Dalen's first cooker in 1922, but close to their heritage. Available at AJ Madison.
PRO+ Refrigerator / Beverage Center
The new 6GARM glass door all refrigerator and beverage center stores beverages and perishable fresh food with the temperatures ranging from 35°F to 43°F.
The cantilever shelving system is flexible and allows 1.5" increments of height adjustment and is easily removed for cleaning. The half-shelf design allows vertical storage of tall items and moves to either side making it perfect for storing open bottles. The forced air feature keeps the temperature even, resulting in quieter operation and improves the efficiency.
This refrigerator uses 426 kWh/yr and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $47.24.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated operating costs is based on a 2011 national average electricity cost of $0.1109 cents per kWh. For more information, visit www.ftc.gov/appliances.
Full-Width Glass Shelves:
Half-Width Glass Shelves:
Removable Glass Inserts:
Forced Air Compartment:
Amber LED Temperature Display:
Close Door Assist
Tinted, Dual-Pane, UV Resistant Glass Door:
Flexible Storage Options
- 5.6 cu. ft. storage capacity.
- Cantilever style shelving system with 2 full-width and 1 half-width shelves.
- All shelves have removable glass inserts for easy cleaning.
- Shelf height positions can be adjusted in 1-1/2" increment.
- Half-width shelf allows for tall and/or open bottle storage.
- Full-width shelves can be converted to 6-bottle wine shelf by removing glass insert.
- Fixed position 6-bottle wine cradle located at bottom of compartment.
- Forced-Air compartment cooling.
- Marvel's forced air cooling system evenly distributes air for consistent temperature throughout the refrigerator.
- This minimizes temperature gradients and reduces "pulldown" and "recovery" times.
- Electronic temperature control with exclusive MicroSentry refrigeration monitor.
- An exclusive refrigeration monitor offered by Marvel, which controls the refrigeration system's performance to maintain a constant precise temperature.
- Visual and audible alarms indicate temperature excursion that may affect the quality of the stored contents and indicate if the door has been left open.
- Discretely located control panel with Amber LED temperature display.
- "Close Door Assist" hinging system.
- Marvel's "Close Door Assist" is designed into the hinge system to draw the door closed when it is accidentally left ajar.
- Right or Left hand door swing specific, (not field reversible).
- Tinted, dual-pane, UV resistant glass door.
- Natural finish Maple shelf fronts may be painted or stained.
- "Disappearing" black interior.
- Durable powder painted finish on cabinet and painted doors.
- Cabinet finish suitable for free-standing installations.
- Refrigeration system design is "built-in" capable.
- Height can be increased 1" with factory installed leveling legs.
- Toe-grille adjustable to accommodate cabinet height adjustment.