The Difference is Gaggenau
Gaggenau is the world's preeminent brand of restaurant-grade cooking technology for the modern home. Specializing in high-performance built-in kitchen appliances, its sleek portfolio includes ovens, modular gas, electric and induction cooktops, ventilation, refrigerators, dishwashers, specialty appliances such as steamers, grills and deep fryers, and the Asian-influenced Teppan Yaki.
Gaggenau stands for exceptional convenience and intuitive operation, just as in professional kitchens. Products contain high-quality, rugged surface finishes, easy to navigate panels and the most durable of materials, including shot-blasted aluminum surfaces that do not show fingerprints and sturdy control knobs that are a pleasure to use.
Professionals know what they want. They desire clear designs and instinctive controls. The professional kitchen exemplifies the belief that form follows function, and this is the model that Gaggenau has developed its design from. Gaggenau kitchens are not only beautiful, but also intelligent and inspiring. The quality of built-in kitchen appliances begins with the design. Gaggenau builds beautiful ovens, elegant dishwashers, ventilators, cooktops and refrigerators that far exceed expectations. With Gaggenau, form truly follows function.
Gaggenau creates small revolutions in design and technology. Explore their full range of home appliances, and discover how their innovative products combine to help you create the ultimate cooking experience.
The right hood makes a big difference in any kitchen, but the stakes are particularly high in open plan accommodation: with no walls or doors to keep cooking steam and smoke out of eating and living areas, a highly effective hood is essential. And since no walls means nothing to hide behind, the hood must also be quiet in operation and inoffensive to the eye.
Pioneering Performance From Their Smallest Model: The AH 900 Integrated Ventilator with Pull-Out Visor
This miniature marvel of ventilation technology is both discreet and effective. The svelte 1-1/8" thick screen with a hardened glass insert slides back under the top cabinet after use leaving only the narrow handle visible, while an integral fluorescent strip illuminates the cooking area evenly with no glare. For all its good looks, this model actually reserves its most impressive feature for the ears: despite its impressive ventilation performance, the double-inlet fan makes barely a whisper. Three power levels plus an intensive mode are provided. The intensive mode runs for three, five or ten minutes as required before returning the ventilator to its previous setting. Installation is straightforward, too, so the AH 900 can be installed easily and ready to use in nearly no time.
Air Extraction Performance: Unobstructed Airflow:
Air Extraction Noise Level:
Recirculation Noise Level:
Metal Grease Filter Type:
Grease Filter Saturation Display:
Arrangement of Controls:
Keys At Front
Compact Fluorescent Tube Lighting:
2 x 24W
Exhaust Air Connection Piece:
Minimum Clearance Above Cooking Points
In The Case of Gas Appliances:
In The Case of Electric Appliances:
Depth with Visor Extended:
Three Power Levels Plus a Short Intensive Mode
- Gaggenau's ventilators provide three standard power levels plus a special intensive mode.
- The intensive mode boosts extraction for a short period of time (three, five or ten minutes depending on the ventilator model) to cope with operations like searing which generates large amounts of smoke or steam.
- The ventilator returns to its previous power setting at the end of the intensive mode.
Stainless Steel Grease Filter
- All Gaggenau ventilators use a grease filter to clean the captured air and keep the ventilator interior and air ducts free of unpleasant deposits.
- The stainless steel filter is easy to remove and dishwasher safe.
Double-Inlet Fan Motor
- This powerful yet quiet double-inlet fan motor eliminates vapor efficiently and almost noiseless.
Filter Saturation Indicator
- The filter saturation indicator lets you know as soon as the accumulated grease and residues on the filter begin to impair the efficiency of your ventilator.
- When the indicator light on the control panel begins to flash, simply remove the practical stainless steel filter and put it in the dishwasher.
Compact Fluorescent Strip Lights
- The compact fluorescent strip lights (36 Watts) light up the cooking area.
- Ventilators with this feature can be set to switch on automatically for five minutes an hour at the power level selected.
Delayed Shut-Off Function
- Select this feature to continue kitchen ventilation after you finish cooking.
- The ventilator will run at the selected power level for an extra ten minutes to catch any remaining vapor and leave the kitchen air absolutely clean.
- Most Gaggenau ventilators and special ventilation systems can be used as both extraction and recirculation systems.
- Both alternatives initially pass the contaminated air through a grease filter to keep the interior of the hood and the air ducts free of unpleasant deposits.
- In the extraction configuration, the air is then expelled to the outside either via a ventilation shaft or directly through an exterior wall.
- In the recirculation configuration, it passes through a built-in activated carbon filter to remove odors and then returns to the room.
- The activated carbon filter typically requires changing twice a year; this is a very simple operation requiring no tools.