Dyson Ball Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner for Homes with Pets
When it comes to floor care, homes with pets need a little extra attention. The Dyson Ball Animal is designed specifically for such homes. Dyson's Radial Root Technology maximizes suction power - flow efficiency reduces turbulence and preserves air pressure to remove more dust, allergens and pet hair from carpets and floors. The Ball Animal also features HEPA filtration, so it's certified asthma and allergy friendly. No other vacuum expels cleaner air.
Dyson Ball vacuums provide easy steering. As the ball's axis is tilted, its turning circle tightens, allowing full and accurate steering control. Plus, instant release technology allows the wand and hose to be released in one smooth action, so cleaning up high is simple and painless. When it comes time to empty the Ball's .55 gallon dust bin, a simple push of a button releases the dirt.
Accessories include a combination tool, stair tool, multi-angle brush and tangle-free turbine tool (All included with vacuum).
In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner's diminishing performance. Taking it apart, he discovered that its bag was clogging with dust, causing suction to drop. He'd recently built an industrial cyclone tower for his factory that separated paint particles from the air using centrifugal force. But could the same principle work in a vacuum cleaner He set to work. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he had invented the world's first bagless vacuum cleaner.
James Dyson's vacuum cleaner was first sold in Japan, the home of high-tech products. Known as the 'G-Force', it impressed the Japanese with its performance and quickly became a status symbol, selling for $2,000 a piece. It also won the 1991 International Design Fair prize in Japan.
With the royalties from G-Force sales, James Dyson was able to set up his own company, Dyson Ltd. In 1993 he opened his own research centre and factory in the Cotswolds, and set to work making a new vacuum - one that would capture even smaller particles of dust. It was called DC01, for 'Dual Cyclone', and it was the first vacuum cleaner to maintain 100% of suction 100% of the time.
Today, there are Dyson machines in over 65 countries around the world. Dyson has grown from one man and one idea to a technology company with over 1,000 engineers worldwide. But it doesn't stand still. At its core is an ever-growing team of engineers and scientists. More ideas. More invention.
Features & Performance
Washable Lifetime Filter
Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head
Radial Root Cyclone Technology:
Hygienic Bin Emptying:
Instant Release Wand:
Tangle-Free Turbine Tool
Weights & Dimensions
Radial Root Cyclone Technology
- In Dyson Ball vacuums, Radial Root Cyclone technology airflows have been modelled to maximize suction power. Flow efficiency reduces turbulence and preserves air pressure, so more microscopic particles are extracted by the inner cyclones.
- These refinements help remove more dust, allergens and pet hair from the home.
Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head
- An active base plate automatically adjusts the cleaner head height to seal in suction across carpets and hard floors. This ensures that even the microscopic particles between floorboards are sucked up into the vacuum.
- The motorized brush bar with stiff nylon bristles drives deep into carpet to remove ground-in dirt.
- Fixed wheels are not designed to turn corners, but a ball can turn on the spot. As the ball's axis is tilted, its turning circle tightens, allowing full and accurate steering control.
- The vacuum's key components have been engineered to fit inside the ball itself. This gives the machine a streamlined profile, allowing access to tight spaces and lowering its center of gravity to make it lighter in the hand.
- Counter-rotating heads with brushes remove hair from carpets and upholstery, so there's no brush bar for hair to wrap around.
- The flexible heads bend to maintain contact across uneven surfaces, and they're positioned so that the brushes reach to the front and sides of the tool drawing hair and dirt in from all directions.
- The Multi-angle brush twists to give multiple angles to remove dust, dirt and allergens from hard to reach surfaces such as cupboards, door frames and lampshades. The rotating joints click-lock into different positions for cleaning at multiple angles.
Whole Machine HEPA Filtration
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly. No other vacuum expels cleaner air.
Instant release wand
- The Dyson Ball Animal's hose and wand release in one smooth action, making it easy to clean up high.
Commended by the Royal College of Chiropractors
- Ball technology is commended for its potential to prevent musculoskeletal discomfort during vacuuming.