In the midst of the Great Depression, two aggressive young men emerged with two new products that would make major contributions to the housing industry. In 1932, Henry Broan developed and manufactured a kitchen fan called the Motordor Fan that provided quiet and efficient kitchen ventilation. His creation launched what is today known as Broan-NuTone LLC. Four years later, in 1936, J. Ralph Corbett developed a melodious door chime replacing the obnoxious door buzzer of the time. His development launched what is today known as NuTone, Inc.
Today, Broan-NuTone LLC is headquartered in Hartford, Wis. and employs more than 3,200 people in eight countries on three continents. It is North America's largest producer of residential ventilation products such as range hoods, ventilation fans and indoor air quality products and also holds major market positions in chimes, central vacuums, intercom systems, medicine cabinets, built-in electric heaters, whole-house fans, attic ventilators, paddle fans, ironing centers, trash compactors and speakers.
Six bags reduced to one. And five fewer trips to the garage.
No one really talks about it. The waste can under the kitchen sink. It's a necessary evil, or so they say. But that all changes with a Broan Trash Compactor. Broan has been designing these convenience appliances for nearly 40 years, refining the product while defining the category. And the result A line of products that is the perfect complement to today's high-style appliances, and environmentally-conscious homeowners. Broan Elite XE, Broan Elite and Broan trash compactors take convenience, hygiene and style to a new level.
Broan Elite. Convenience made easy in a few simple steps.
Broan Elite trash compactors simplify waste containment and removal. A full-swinging, reversible door opens to an easy-to-clean compartment and a full-extension trash bucket. Its simplified control panel requires just two settings to start the process. Turn the activation key, close the door and touch one button. That's it. Removing the compacted bag is easy, too-lower the bucket front and slide the bag forward to the floor. There's no more lifting over the side. Broan Elite compactors also use their exclusive six-month odor control and neutralizing system. Rotate the dial once a month and a fresh segment is ready to work.
Dimensions and Weights
Overall Depth (Not Including Handle):
34 1/8" min.
Approx. Shipping Weight:
3,000 lbs. Continual
6:1 (Equivalent of Six 13 Gallon Trash Containers)
Programmable Compaction Cycle:
Microban Antimicrobial Protective Coating:
Trash Bucket Capacity:
1.55 cu. ft. (30 lbs. of Trash)
Trash Bucket Drop Down Door:
Trash Bucket Drawer Slides:
Full Extension Ball Bearing
Removable Key Switch:
Bag Storage Compartment:
Yes (3 Bags Included)
Advanced Odor Control System:
Manual (6 Month Disk Provided)
Magnetic Door Gasket:
Accessories (purchased separately)
Toe kick kit (required for freestanding installations).
Sixty (60) trash bags (black).
Set of ten (10) odor control disks. Each disk lasts up to six (6) months.
Hardwood cutting board (rests on top of compactor when not installed under a counter top)
- 3000 lbs. of continual compaction force.
- 1/2 horsepower motor drives dual screw compaction system.
- Dedicated 15 Amp circuit recommended.
- Six-to-one (6:1) compaction ratio.
- Compact the equivalent of six (6) 13 gallon trash containers into one bag.
- Compact hold feature maximizes capacity of compacted trash.
- Compacting plate designed to crush cans and bottles.
- 1.55 cu. ft. trash bucket holds 30 lbs. of trash.
- Trash bucket has drop down door for easy trash removal.
- Full extension ball bearing trash bucket drawer slides for smooth action.
- Start button with ram status LED.
- Removable key switch prevents unauthorized compaction.
- Safety interlock prevents compaction when door is open.
- Unit comes with three (3) bags.
- Manual advance odor control system.
- First six (6) month disk provided with trash compactor.
- Magnetic door gasket provides tight seal for quiet cycling and odor control.
- Reversible doors with 170° range of motion offered in different finishes.
- Model 15BL - Black door and trim
- Model 15WH - White door and trim
- Model 15SS - Stainless steel door and stainless-look trim
- Model 15WT - Wood door kit with stainless-look trim
- Model 15TT - Tile door kit with stainless-look trim
- Textured cabinet features a durable baked epoxy finish in black (all models).
- Two (2) adjustable height leveling legs (front) and two (2) adjustable height rollers (rear) provide one (1) inch of height adjustment.
Accessories (purchased separately)
- Model 15TCTK - Toe kick kit (required for freestanding installations).
- Model 15TCBL - Sixty (60) trash bags (black).
- Model 15TCOD - Set of ten (10) odor control disks.
- Each disk lasts up to six (6) months.
- Model 15TCBB - Hardwood cutting board (rests on top of compactor when not installed under a counter top)
Broan Elite Series 15BL Reviews