GE Consumer and Industrial spans the globe as an industry leader in major appliance, lighting and integrated industrial equipment systems and services. They provide solutions for commercial, industrial and residential use in more than 100 countries which uses innovative technologies and "ecomagination." It's a GE initiative to aggressively bring to market new technologies that help customers and consumers meet pressing environmental challenges to deliver comfort, convenience and electrical protection and control. GE brings imagination to work. Available at AJ Madison.
No matter how you look at it, the GE Monogram Collection puts the kitchen of your dreams within the realm of possibility. With three distinct styles and seemingly endless options for customization, only Monogram gives you complete freedom to follow your vision.
Monogram integrated appliances reflect a mindset that says, "Fine design endures." Shaped and polished to seamless perfection, these sleekly styled appliances capture the essence of timeless sophistication.
Monogram professional appliances offer a slightly different angle on appliance design. Lustrous, premium-grade stainless steel with chamfered, hand-finished edges makes a powerfully compelling statement that translates boldly and beautifully to any decor.
Monogram custom-panel appliances provide the perfect canvas for creative expression in the kitchen. Start with a refrigerator or dishwasher, personalize it with a panel of your liking and - voila! - you have something stylish, artful and unquely you.
|11" Heating Element:
||(1) 3,700 Watts
|6" Heating Element:
||(1) 1,800 Watts
|7" Heating Element:
||(2) 2,500 Watts
|8" Heating Element:
|Burner Power Generators:
|Pan Presence Sensor:
|Pan Size Sensor:
|"On" Signal Light:
|Control Lock Capability:
|Power Level Indicator:
|Hot Surface Indicator Lights:
Power / Ratings
|Amp Rating @ 208V:
|Amp Rating @ 240V:
||Limited 1-Year Entire Appliance, Limited 5-Year Glass Cooktop/Radiant Surface Units
||Limited 1-Year Entire Appliance
||See Written Warranty For Full Details
Dimensions and Weights
|Approx. Shipping Weight:
- Induction elements use electricity to produce a magnetic field that reacts with the iron in metal cookware.
- Metal cookware includes cast iron and magnetic stainless steel pans - and transfers the heat to the cookware.
- Available at AJ Madison.
- Embedded in the cooktop offer added style and convenience.
- The most powerful induction element in the industry.
- It provides instantaneous heat across 19 different cooking settings.
- Detects the presence of cookware with magnetic properties.
- A requirement for induction cooking.
- Automatically adjusts the heating element to the size of the pan.
- Provides just enough heat to maintain an ideal serving temperature.
- Provide an extra measure of convenience and safety.
- Above a Monogram single wall oven (except Trivection oven) is made possible by shallow-depth configuration with integrated cooling system.
Save Up To $3,698 MSRP
Purchase a GE Monogram Pro Range or any Wall Oven and Cooktop, and get a free Hood Insert, Wine Reserve, Beverage Center, or 24" Dishwasher.
• Purchase a Pro Range - Free Hood Insert, Wine Reserve, Beverage Center, or 24" Dishwasher
• Purchase a Wall Oven and Cooktop - Free Hood Insert, Wine Reserve, Beverage Center, or 24" Dishwasher
• Add any Built-In Refrigerator - Get Another Free Hood Insert, Wine Reserve, Beverage Center, or 24" Dishwasher
Additional free appliance can be a duplicate of product already selected, ex. may select 2 Dishwashers. Upgrades are also available starting at $100. Total savings is up to $3,698 MSRP.
Up To $3,500 Instant Rebate
Get up to $3,500 instant rebate on select GE Monogram kitchen package.
• Purchase a range with hood or 24" dishwasher - $1,500 Off
• Purchase a cooktop and wall oven with hood or 24" dishwasher - $1,500 Off
• Purchase a range with hood or 24" dishwasher and built-in refrigerator - $3,000 Off
• Purchase a cooktop and wall oven with hood or 24" dishwasher and built-in refrigerator - $3,000 Off
• Purchase a range with hood or 24" dishwasher and built-in refrigerator with eligible 30" wine reserve - $3,500 Off
• Purchase a cooktop and wall oven with hood or 24" dishwasher and built-in refrigerator with eligible 30" wine reserve - $3,500 Off
Available Rebates - May be Combined
It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download and mail
in the rebate form by the respective closing date.
AJ Madison cannot be held responsible for non-compliance of the afore-mentioned.
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 4
Rated 5 out of 5 by Famvacations Excellent induction cooktop
We chose to try induction for our new kitchen. I have used this cooktop for about five months and love it. It heats quickly and the highest setting, H, gets a big pot of water boiling in just a few minutes.
At the time we looked at appliances in summer 2010 there were very few induction slide-in ranges, so we went with this separate induction cooktop installed in the counter granite and had a GE Monogram oven installed underneath it. I verified with GE that the GE oven could be installed under it before we ordered. This cooktop is all black and it's very minimalist and sleek, with no metal edges to trap dirt. It looks and operates great.
Buying cookware for it is not hard. Anything that attracts a magnet or has iron in it will work. We did splurge on a fancy Teflon induction fry pan and a large induction pot we got on the Internet. Some All-Clad sauce pans we already had work with induction. Make the plunge and try induction...you won't regret it!
Rated 5 out of 5 by Induction Convert Great Range
My wife is a big cook and wanted gas but it just wasn't an option for our house. After some research we went with induction and aren't looking back, in some respects its even better than gas -- sleek, smooth, easy to clean surface, energy efficient. As for cooking qualities I think the precision temperature control and quick reaction to temperature adjustments is equal to gas. As for this specific range we are very happy with the value and functionality. Very low profile, less than 1/4 inch above our countertop and the smooth surface is easy to clean. I'm amazed at how fast water boils on the High setting. Only 'issue' is that elements won't work with pans that cover less than have the elements surface area, which just limits our use of the largest element to a couple of our biggest pots. Over all this cooktop definitely isn't overly sexy but if you're looking for a baseline induction cooktop this one is worth consideration.
Rated 5 out of 5 by risnshne AWESOME!
My favorite new product in my remodeled kitchen. We went from gas cooking (which I loved) to induction after much research.
This Monogram product looks great and operates seamlessly. It heats up immediately and then, within seconds will simmer. I am using the Berdnes line of induction cookware and it operates beautifully. I have never had so much fun cooking due to this cooktop's responsiveness.
Oh, and I did mention how much easier this cooktop is to clean?
Very happy with my decision to change!
Rated 4 out of 5 by jonathan Very good induction surface
I agree with the other reviewers generally: induction cooking works very well, it cooks with the speed of gas, has the minimal and easy-clean look of electric halogen, and the efficiency (>90%) of the old electric coil. Best of all worlds except for the need to use magnetic cookware.
In my opinion the need for magnetic cookware is really not a negative since cast iron is the best surface for cooking almost everything. Just put the old cast iron skillet on the top, set it to medium-high (~7) until the oil *just* hints at smoking, and throw on your burgers, salmon, or steak. =)
Details to add to the other reviewers:
1) The ceramic top scratches over time. This is unavoidable, happens to all the smoothtops, but if that bothers you be careful with the pans.
2) This uses capacitive touch controls on the surface. Everyone loves these but me it seems. I dislike them because changing temps involves a lot of tap-tap-tapping around - I'd much rather spin a dial. Additionally, if you are in the middle of heavy cooking and the surface is dirty the controls can stop responding to your touch. You have to keep that area clean-ish…not fastidious, it is tolerant of a little oil, but if you are grilling or boil something over a bit you may need to give the controls a wipe before they'll work. This is also unavoidable for the touch controls (as far as I know) but it can be annoying.
3) The one that is an actual GE design problem is cooking element resonance. The four elements are arranged in two banks: the two medium elements on the left are one bank and the big+small elements on the right are another. When I am using both elements in a single bank together it causes them to pulse dramatically. E.g. if I am cooking two small omelets on the left with a pair of cast-iron 6" skillets. Turn them both to between 4 and 6 the elements will pulse about once per second "BZZ…BZZ…BZZ". With cast iron it's not so bad because it has enough mass to smooth out the pulses but it is really obnoxious when I am making a coffee on the small back burner and cooking breakfast (bacon/eggs,, pancakes, whatever) on the big skillet. In that case the big pan will be more or less fine while the coffee pot pulses like crazy as in "boiling, flat, boiling, flat, boiling, flat". Aside from the weirdness this makes it tough to get a good espresso.
However aside from those details the unit is great and I have been very impressed with induction.