Why Choose Friedrich
As you shop for the perfect room air conditioner, you may encounter some familiar brand names. You've seen them on toasters, refrigerators, microwaves and washing machines.
Not the Friedrich name. Because air conditioners are the sole focus of their company. They don't manufacture light bulbs or televisions. They make air conditioners.
You'll find a range of choices: room, portable, ductless split systems, to name just a few. Their product pages will help you determine which type of air conditioner and installation best meet your needs.
For quality, performance, efficiency, choice and service, Friedrich is the name to know. Before you make this important purchase, find out what makes Friedrich air conditioners different.
Durable, Quiet, Efficient
Friedrich air conditioners are hard-working and hard-wearing. Their commercial-grade products are the first choice for tough environments, from oil rigs to the Kennedy Space Center. Constructed from the highest-quality materials and components, these units are built to exacting standards - yet they are among the quietest and most energy-efficient available.
Kuhl is about choice.
When designing Kuhl, their engineers challenged convention to develop the most advanced window air conditioner on the market. Kuhl combines sophisticated controls, unrivalled quality, energy efficiency, and unmatched durability in one sleek performer.
You'll find more options, features and ways to customize your cooling experience than you ever thought possible in a window air conditioning solution.
How to Choose a Room Air Conditioner
Compared to large capacity central units, room air conditioners have several advantages. The initial cost of a room air conditioning unit is significantly lower than the cost of central air. Because room air conditioners are designed for cooling small spaces, operating costs are reduced. And, room air conditioners can provide personalized temperature and humidity controls that central systems cannot.
Calculating Cooling Capacity
Cooling capacity is the critical factor in properly selecting a room air conditioner. Cooling capacity is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) and typical models will range in capacity from 5,000 BTUs to 28,500 BTUs.
Choosing an undersized unit will overwork the unit and it will not cool properly. Choosing an oversized unit will cost more to buy and operate and it will not dehumidify properly.
We can help you to calculate capacity. Be prepared to provide specific information on:
Cooling Capacity by Room Size
- Room Dimensions
- A simple floor plan to show the location of doors and north-facing windows
- The number of people it will serve
- Sources of heat such as lamps, TV and appliances
- An explanation of what's above the intended room
- Your insulation provisions
Measure the length and width of the area to be cooled. Multiply the length by the width to determine square footage or square meters. When cooling rooms with uninsulated ceilings, great rooms, or southern or western sun exposures - step up to the next BTU size.
|Sq. Ft.||Sq. m|
|150||14 ||up to 5,000|
This air conditioner has an Energy Efficiency Rating of 9.6 and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $181.95.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on the 2011 national average cost of $.1109 cents per kWh for electricity and an estimated number of operating hours of 750 hours. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
|Energy Efficiency Ratio (ERR):
|Room Side Air Circulation:
|Circuit Rating Breaker or T-D Fuse:
||250V - 15A
|Plug Face (NEMA#):
|Power Cord Length:
|Overall Depth with Front:
|Shell Depth To Louvers:
|Min. Extension Into Room:
|Min. Extension Outside:
||29 7/8" Min. - 42" Max.
|In-Wall Finished Hole Width:
|In-Wall Finished Hole Depth:
||15 1/8" Max.
|In-Wall Finished Hole Height:
- Control your unit from your smartphone, computer or tablet.
- Create customized 7-day schedules.
- 24-hour timer.
- Optional wired wall thermostat.
- Group units for zone or centralized control using FriedrichLink.
- 4 cooling and fan speeds.
- Automatic fan speed adjustment.
- Comfortwatch technology samples the air to more accurately maintain the set temperature.
- 8-way airflow control.
- Display set point or room temperature.
- LCD panel auto dims when not in use.
- Nightlight mode.
- Scratch resistant, painted 20-gauge steel cabinet resists corrosion and rust.
- Solid sleeve top keeps out falling debris.
- Solid steel blower wheel housing.
- Commercial grade fan motor run at lower temps for longer life.
- Fan motor is totally enclosed for maximum protection.
- Exclusive aluminum rear grille protects against vandalism and damage.
- Firm grip handles for easier installation and maintenance.
- Aluminum endplates prevent rust.
- Solid steel base pans and inner walls.
- Robust construction does not rely on outer sleeve for support.
- Extra thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside, while steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise.
- Unique airflow path minimizes operating sound.
- Larger discharge vents allow conditioned air to move more quietly.
- Can be installed in window or thru-the-wall (depending on wall thickness). *Window Mounting Kit Included*
- Slideout chassis design, including firm grip handles, makes installation and maintenance much easier.
- Rugged hardboard side panels allow for a more permanent installation.
- Front cover designed to allow power cord to exit left or right out of the unit.
- Heavy-duty installation hardware.
- Front cover attaches easily and securely; nut driver included.
- Powercord can run left or right for more installation options.
- Advanced dual-stage carbon superior filtration system removes allergens, odors, ozone and other impurities from the air.
- In lab testing, combining the the optional carbon filter with the standard antimicrobial filter achieved a superior air filtration rating of MERV 6.
- Fresh air and exhaust vents offer additional air quality control.
- Maintenance made easy by hinged filter door access, and a check filter reminder.
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection prevents kick-in by securing the unit in the sleeve; a protective rear grille shields the unit.
- Insect barrier keeps out smaller intruders.
- LCDI power cord.
- Protective rear grille.
- Smart Grid Capable.
- Two optional energy management schedules.
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy.
- Ozone-friendly R-410A refrigerant.
- RoHS compliant.
- ENERGY STAR qualified.
- Recyclable packaging.
- Precision control over all Kuhl's functions.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print pdf files
Save $25 (ConEdison Customers Only)
Get $25 cash back with mail-in rebate or online on a Energy Star room air-conditioner.
This offer is limited to two rebates per account holder. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download, complete and mail in the rebate form and all required documentations by the given postmark date.
1. Rebates offered to Con Edison residential electric customers, regardless of energy supplier.
2. Customer is not eligible to receive financial incentives and/or rebate for the same eligible measures from NYSERDA and/or another electric or gas utility company.
3. Customer shall be responsible for all taxes that may be imposed with respect to the rebate offer.
4. Eligibility for appliance rebates shall be determined by Con Edison, at its sole discretion and has no obligation to notify the customer in the event Con Edison, Honeywell or its designee, determines the customer is not eligible for an appliance rebate.
5. Con Edison reserves the right to amend or terminate this rebate offer.
6. See Rebate Form for more eligibility requirements and Terms and Conditions.
Save $20 Off (ConEdison Customers Only)
Eligibility Requirements and Other Terms and Conditions
1. Rebates offered to Con Edison residential electric customers, regardless of energy supplier.
2. Rebate applications must be completed in full, signed by the Con Edison account holder and mailed to the address on the rebate, together with a legible copy of the paid receipt in its entirety that indicates the equipment manufacturer, model number, date of purchase, and store name. Failure to complete this application in full may delay or disqualify your rebate. Applications must be postmarked by January 16, 2016. Neither Con Edison, Honeywell, nor their designee, shall be responsible for lost, late, illegible, or misdirected mail.
3. A/Cs must be purchased between May 1, 2015, and December 31, 2015, to be eligible.
4. Customer is not eligible to receive financial incentives and/or rebate for the same eligible measures from NYSERDA and/or another electric or gas utility company.
5. Please allow six to eight weeks after Con Edison's receipt of complete documentation for payments of approved rebates.
6. Customer agrees and consents to Con Edison providing customer information, including but not limited to customer name, account number, electric consumption data, and electric energy savings to its third party evaluation contractor for program evaluation purposes. The evaluation contractor is obligated to Con Edison to keep the information confidential. This information may also be provided by Con Edison to the New York State Public Service Commission. This information will be aggregated with information about other Con Edison customers.
7. Customer shall be responsible for all taxes that may be imposed with respect to the rebate offer.
8. Eligibility for appliance rebates shall be determined by Con Edison, at its sole discretion and has no obligation to notify the customer in the event Con Edison, Honeywell or its designee, determines the customer is not eligible for an appliance rebate.
9. Con Edison reserves the right to amend or terminate this rebate offer.
Available Rebates - May be Combined
It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download and mail
in the rebate form by the respective closing date.
AJ Madison cannot be held responsible for non-compliance of the afore-mentioned.