Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
When people think of Viking, the bold, commercial look of the Professional Series range is the image that most likely pops into their heads. Ultra-premium features like high-performance burners, convection baking, and infrared broiling easily handle everything from crème brûlée to rack of lamb. The legendary Viking range is available in gas and electric models, as well as an array of sizes and finishes to fit any kitchen. Available at AJ Madison.
And for those who want professional performance without the professional look, there is the Designer Series. Clean lines and contours meld gracefully into cabinets with style, offering a striking new look for Viking. Fully equipped with outstanding features and power, this complete line of built-in products doesn't sacrifice any of the world-renowned Viking performance for fashion's sake. Haute couture meets haute cuisine.
Viking doesn't see the kitchen as a collection of products, but a complete cooking environment. Cooking isn't a chore - it's an art form. Everything must work together in form and function. Both the Professional and Designer lines deliver the ultimate in performance with a cohesive look for the kitchen. Each line offers a full range of products, so you don't have to resort to mixing and matching brands and styles. Viking offers the truly consistent ultra-premium kitchen. The complete Viking kitchen is complete perfection.
30" Gas Self-Clean Range - RDSCG
The new RDSCG freestanding gas self-clean sealed burner range offers all the exceptional features expected in a Viking range wrapped in ultra-chic design and grace. The new 5 burner configuration delivers precision control of varying BTUs on each burner along with the ability to move your pots and pans seamlessly across the surface. Inside the oven, the combination of a 30,000 BTU U-shaped burner and 15,000 BTU broiler provide unrivaled along with the convenience of self-clean.
|Overall Oven Capacity:
||4.0 Cu. Ft.
|AHAM Oven Capacity:
||3.3 Cu. Ft.
||Shipped Standard For Natural Gas; Accepts Standard Residential 1/2" ID Gas Service Line
|Gas Manifold Pressure:
||Natural 5.0" W.C.P. / Liquid Propane L/P 10.0" W.C.P.
||120VAC/60 Hz; 4 Ft., 3-Wire Cord with Grounded 3-prong Plug Attached To Unit
|Max Amp Usage:
Surface Burner Ratings
||18,000 BTU Nat. / 16,500 BTU LP
||8,000 BTU Nat. / 6,500 BTU LP
||9,000 BTU Nat. / 8,000 BTU LP
||12,000 BTU Nat. / 11,000 BTU LP
||17,000 BTU Nat. / 15,000 BTU LP
Dimensions and Weights
|Overall Depth To Front Of Side Panel:
|Overall Depth To Front Of Door:
|Overall Depth To Front Of Control Panel:
|Overall Depth To End Of Knobs:
||35 7/8" Min. - 37" Max.
|Overall Height To Top Of Island Trim:
|Overall Height To Top Of Backguard:
|Overall Height To Top Of High Shelf:
||Add 18 3/16"
|Oven Interior Width:
|Oven Interior Depth - Overall:
|Oven Interior Depth - AHAM:
|Oven Interior Height:
|Approx. Shipping Weight:
- Wide variety of BTU ratings to accommodate all types of surface cooking needs - including a NEW fifth burner.
- Left front - 18,000 BTU (dual stacked burner).
- Left rear - 8,000 BTU.
- Center - 9,000 BTU.
- Right front - 17,000 BTU.
- Right rear - 12,000 BTU.
- Sealed burners with porcelainized, cast-iron burner caps.
- Exclusive - SureSpark Ignition System.
- Automatic electric spark ignition/re-ignition.
- Surface burners light at any position on the knob and re-light if extinguished, even on lowest setting.
- Large-capacity oven has six porcelain-coated rack supports and comes standard with two heavy-duty TruGlide full extension oven racks and one standard rack.
- High performance cooking modes include:
- Natural Airflow Bake
- Convection Bake
- Convection Broil
- Convection Dehydrate
- Convection Defrost
- All convection functions utilize the ProFlow Convection Air Baffle, which is specifically designed to ensure balanced air flow for even heat distribution.
- Exclusive - combination of single 30,000 BTU U-shaped burner and broiler with SureSpark Ignition System.
- 15,000 BTU broiler provides intense searing heat for broiling applications.
- Two halogen oven lights for excellent visibility throughout oven cavity.
- Shipped standard with island trim.
- Extremely large self-clean convection oven.
- Permanently sealed burners - spills cannot enter the one-piece, tooled and porcelainized burner box.
- Durable metal die-cast knobs with child-proof, push-to-turn safety feature.
- Customer-removable knobs, grates, and burners/caps for easy cleaning.
- Grate design provides continuous cooking surface for easy movement of pots and pans.
- 6" high backguard.
- High shelf.
- Countertop side trim.
- Countertop rear trim.
- Curb base and custom curb base front.
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BK), White (WH), Apple Red (AR), Biscuit (BT), Burgundy (BU), Chocolate (CH), Cinnamon (CN), Cobalt Blue (CB), Cotton White (CW), Dijon (DJ), Graphite Gray (GG),
- Iridescent Blue (IB), Kettle Black (KB), Lemonade (LE), Mint Julep (MJ), Plum (PL), Racing Red (RR), Sage (SA), Sea Glass (SE), Stone Gray (SG), Taupe (TP), Viking Blue (VB) and Wasabi (WS).
- Shipped standard with chrome knob and handle inserts.
- Create your own look with customizable knob and handle inserts.
- Accessory kits available in the following finishes:
- Paintable clear plastic.
- Wood - cherry, oak, maple, and unfinished maple.
- Three-year full - complete unit.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Ten-year limited - porcelain oven.
- Five-year limited - surface/tube burners.
- Ninety-day full - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items, and decorative items.
- Warranty valid on Viking products shipped within the United States and Canada.
Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 8
Rated 5 out of 5 by NYU What a range
It's beuatiful and cooks extremely well. It's a great range and lives up to the Viking name at a great price.
Rated 5 out of 5 by jimjaf nice stove, nice price
does the job. cooks stuff. using it isn't rocket science. what's not to like?
Rated 3 out of 5 by Cornelius One big design flaw and a couple nits.
First, the little things that I'm not crazy about: 1. The knobs don't adjust the flame continuously, rather, there is a jump in flame intensity from low to medium to high. So it is hard to get something in between unless you are VERY careful. 2. The oven cooling fan (for its internal electronics, it comes on a few minutes after you turn the oven on) is noisier than I'd like, but I can live with it.
Now the BIGGIE: That cooling fan blows strongly across the cooking surface. This is bad for 2 reasons: 1. It really affects the flame of front burners when they are on low, sometimes causing the igniter to click because it thinks they've been blown out. And this obviously affects what you are cooking: I had a pot of chili simmering on low, fan came on when using oven, I had to turn flame up to maintain simmer. When I was done with the oven, the fan stopped and the bottom of my chili was scorched. 2. When you are standing there cooking that fan blows VERY hot air right at you; very uncomfortable. I had a service guy out and it is operating correctly, but I'm told Viking is considering a different back design so the air isn't blown across the burners.
Be sure you know what you are doing if you decide to set this up yourself. It is heavy and so it isn't easy to get it up off the ground enough to put the legs on.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Bean boot Fabulous unless you like to cook
Glass window was misaligned and needed replacing. Two pipes connecting gas to burners were not attached correctly. Both manufacturer defects. Shipment did not include any manuals or DVD. The burners, burner caps, and grates have a bizarre finish that is impossible to scrub to a good-as-new clean. Flames are imprecise - not even all the way around and poor blue/yellow balance. Oven temperature reading is ~30 off. Silly oven settings that don't impact cooking. All visitors love it, but a disappointment to own. Viking customer service provides the absolute minimum of effort trying to shift blame to dealer.