Viking introduced professional cooking to the home when their first range shipped in 1987. Now that same exceptional performance extends into every corner of the kitchen - even the backyard. Refrigerators. Wine Cellars. Dishwashers. Grills. Cookware. Cutlery. Small appliances. It's enough to turn any cook into a chef.
When people think of Viking, the bold, commercial look of the Professional Series range is the image that most likely pops into their heads. Ultra-premium features like high-performance burners, convection baking, and infrared broiling easily handle everything from crème brûlée to rack of lamb. The legendary Viking range is available in gas and electric models, as well as an array of sizes and finishes to fit any kitchen. Available at AJ Madison.
And for those who want professional performance without the professional look, there is the Designer Series. Clean lines and contours meld gracefully into cabinets with style, offering a striking new look for Viking. Fully equipped with outstanding features and power, this complete line of built-in products doesn't sacrifice any of the world-renowned Viking performance for fashion's sake. Haute couture meets haute cuisine.
Viking doesn't see the kitchen as a collection of products, but a complete cooking environment. Cooking isn't a chore - it's an art form. Everything must work together in form and function. Both the Professional and Designer lines deliver the ultimate in performance with a cohesive look for the kitchen. Each line offers a full range of products, so you don't have to resort to mixing and matching brands and styles. Viking offers the truly consistent ultra-premium kitchen. The complete Viking kitchen is complete perfection.
30" Dual Fuel Self-Clean Range - RDSCD
The new RDSCD freestanding dual-fuel sealed burner range is the latest brainchild of the Viking engineering and design teams. As efficient as it is beautiful, the new 5 burner configuration delivers precision control of varying BTUs on each burner along with the ability to move your pots and pans seamlessly across the surface. And with the largest oven capacity and one of the fastest preheat times on the market, you can go ahead and pry that Thanksgiving dinner away from your mother-in-law's house.
|Overall Oven Capacity:
||4.7 Cu. Ft.
|AHAM Oven Capacity:
||4.1 Cu. Ft.
||Shipped Standard For Natural Gas; Accepts Standard Residential 1/2" ID Gas Service Line
|Gas Manifold Pressure:
||Natural 5.0" W.C.P. / Liquid Propane L/P 10.0" W.C.P.
||240-208 VAC 60 Hz Electrical Connection Box On Product, Connect with Locally Supplied 3-Wire, Flexible Cord or "Pigtail" Rated 40 Amp. 125-250 VAC Minimum. Cord Must Be Agency Approved For Use with Household Electric Ranges
|Max Amp Usage:
||240V - 25.4 Amps; 208V - 22.9 Amps
Surface Burner Ratings
||18,000 BTU Nat. / 16,500 BTU LP
||8,000 BTU Nat. / 6,500 BTU LP
||9,000 BTU Nat. / 8,000 BTU LP
||12,000 BTU Nat. / 11,000 BTU LP
||17,000 BTU Nat. / 15,000 BTU LP
Dimensions and Weights
|Overall Depth To Front Of Side Panel:
|Overall Depth To Front Of Door:
|Overall Depth To Front Of Control Panel:
|Overall Depth To End Of Knobs:
||35 7/8" Min. - 37" Max.
|Overall Height To Top Of Island Trim:
|Overall Height To Top Of Backguard:
|Overall Height To Top Of High Shelf:
||Add 18 3/16"
|Oven Interior Width:
|Oven Interior Depth - Overall:
|Oven Interior Depth - AHAM:
|Oven Interior Height:
|Approx. Shipping Weight:
- Wide variety of BTU ratings to accommodate all types of surface cooking needs - including a NEW fifth burner.
- Left front - 18,000 BTU (dual stacked burner).
- Left rear - 8,000 BTU.
- Center - 9,000 BTU.
- Right front - 17,000 BTU.
- Right rear - 12,000 BTU.
- Sealed burners with porcelainized, cast-iron burner caps.
- Exclusive - SureSpark Ignition System.
- Automatic electric spark ignition/re-ignition.
- Surface burners light at any position on the knob and re-light if extinguished even on lowest setting.
- Exclusive - largest oven cavity in the industry.
- 4.7 cu. ft. overall.
- 4.1 cu. ft. measured to AHAM standard.
- High performance cooking modes include:
- Convection Bake
- TruConvec Convection Cook
- Convection Roast
- Hi Broil
- Medium Broil
- Low Broil
- Convection Broil
- Convection Dehydrate
- Convection Defrost
- Exclusive - Patented Vari-Speed Dual Flow convection system has the largest convection fan in the industry.
- The 8-1/2" fan works bi-directionally for maximum airflow and excellent cooking results.
- Concealed 10-pass dual bake element provides precise temperature control.
- 10-pass broiler with heat reflector provides superior broiling performance.
- Rapid Ready Preheat provides one of the fastest preheat times so your oven is ready to cook when you are.
- Oven has six porcelain-coated rack supports and comes standard with two heavy-duty TruGlide full extension oven racks and one standard rack.
- Halogen oven lighting provides excellent visibility.
- Shipped standard with island trim.
- Extremely large self-clean convection oven.
- Permanently sealed burners - spills cannot enter the one-piece tooled and porcelainized burner box.
- Durable metal die-cast knobs with child-proof, push-to-turn safety feature.
- Customer removable knobs, grates, and burners/caps for easy cleaning.
- Grate design provides continuous cooking surface for easy movement of pots and pans.
- 6" high backguard.
- High shelf.
- Countertop side trim.
- Countertop rear trim.
- Curb base and custom curb base front.
- Available in Stainless Steel (SS), Black (BK), White (WH), Apple Red (AR), Biscuit (BT), Burgundy (BU), Chocolate (CH), Cinnamon (CN), Cobalt Blue (CB), Cotton White (CW), Dijon (DJ), Graphite Gray (GG),
- Iridescent Blue (IB), Kettle Black (KB), Lemonade (LE), Mint Julep (MJ), Plum (PL), Racing Red (RR), Sage (SA), Sea Glass (SE), Stone Gray (SG), Taupe (TP), Viking Blue (VB) and Wasabi (WS).
- Shipped standard with chrome knob and handle inserts.
- Create your own look with customizable knob and handle inserts.
- Accessory kits available in the following finishes:
- Paintable clear plastic.
- Wood - cherry, oak, maple, and unfinished maple.
- Three-year full - complete unit.
- Lifetime limited - stainless steel exterior.
- Ten-year limited - porcelain oven.
- Five-year limited - surface/tube burners.
- Ninety-day full - cosmetic parts such as glass, painted items, and decorative items.
- Warranty valid on Viking products shipped within the United States and Canada.
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 2
Rated 5 out of 5 I'm loving it!
I love this range! The gas burners have more BTU's than our older stove so foods cook faster. The simmer control on the burners work great, and it really does relight itself if the burner is blown out!! Great safety feature we did not have before. The cooktop feels more spacious than 30", with ample room for the 5 burners. I've only used the oven(which is electric and my perference) for baking bread and chicken breast, which both baked perfectly. I am so glad I did not tear out and remodel the kitchen for a larger stove! This one is perfect for our family! It is a beautiful stove.
I saw a couple of reviews that were not good, and I'm not even sure they were for the D3. I was told the D3 was a newer model and some of those reviews were talking about problems they had for a year. Go figure.....
Rated 4 out of 5 by ShopMavenVa Big, Beautiful, HEAVY
We had this one in our sights for months -- from the first word of a more "consumer-friendly" design through the acquisition, merger and down-sizing of the company. We pined for the one on a showroom floor locally and watched it come down in price to something truly "do-able" and in fact, a fantastic bargain. The ONLY show-stopper? Ship-weight of 410 lbs. Yes, that's right! Nearly twice what other 5-burner, convection oven - gas cooktop stoves weigh. That's a hefty load to add to our kitchen -- mid-90's suburban single-family construction. That's more than our fully loaded 36 inch fridge weighs and it sits on a steel beam. We had to consider this carefully, and ultimately, go with something less robust in more than one way... you can't just plop something that weighs more than a Sumo wrestler in the average home kitchen -- "gourmet" or not.
Especially when you consider the oven (at 4.2 cf) is no bigger than any of the European Convection ovens.