Frigidaire Home Comfort Products
Frigidaire offers consumers a complete line of room air conditioners, dehumidifiers, portable air conditioners and ductless mini-split air conditioners desgined with the latest in technology to meet every need. The products provide consumers with fresh designs and features that work with any decor and meet the highest of expectations in both functionality and quality.
Frigidaire has made further improvements to the product offering driven by consumer needs and requests. The heat and cool offering of window air conditioners has expanded with the addition of a heat pump model providing better heating with up to 70% more efficiency. In dehumidifiers, they have increased capacity of the smallest model by 20% and improved the hose connection to the exterior of the unit for better accessibility. The bucket design has also been improved to ease in handling and prevent spills. The portables line now includes true 5,000 BTU and 7,000 BTU models for a full offering. And this year, Frigidaire has rounded out the cooling portfolio with a complete lineup of ductless mini-splits.
From small bedrooms and bonus rooms to large, semi-commercial areas, Frigidaire is committed to providing quiet, efficient, and reliable air conditioning products for years of trouble free comfort. Available at AJ Madison.
How to Choose a Room Air Conditioner
Compared to large capacity central units, room air conditioners have several advantages. The initial cost of a room air conditioning unit is significantly lower than the cost of central air. Because room air conditioners are designed for cooling small spaces, operating costs are reduced. And, room air conditioners can provide personalized temperature and humidity controls that central systems cannot.
Calculating Cooling Capacity
Cooling capacity is the critical factor in properly selecting a room air conditioner. Cooling capacity is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) and typical models will range in capacity from 5,000 BTUs to 28,500 BTUs.
Choosing an undersized unit will overwork the unit and it will not cool properly. Choosing an oversized unit will cost more to buy and operate and it will not dehumidify properly.
We can help you to calculate capacity. Be prepared to provide specific information on:
Cooling Capacity by Room Size
- Room Dimensions
- A simple floor plan to show the location of doors and north-facing windows
- The number of people it will serve
- Sources of heat such as lamps, TV and appliances
- An explanation of what's above the intended room
- Your insulation provisions
Measure the length and width of the area to be cooled. Multiply the length by the width to determine square footage or square meters. When cooling rooms with uninsulated ceilings, great rooms, or southern or western sun exposures - step up to the next BTU size.
|Sq. Ft.||Sq. m|
|150||14 ||up to 5,000|
This air conditioner has an Energy Efficiency Rating of 11.2 and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $112.14.
Your operating costs will depend on your utility rates and use. The estimated yearly operating cost is based on the 2011 national average cost of $.1109 cents per kWh for electricity and an estimated number of operating hours of 750 hours.
||3.8 Pints / Hour
|Cool Area (Up To Sq. Ft.):
||850 Sq. Ft.
|Energy Efficiency Ratio:
|Length Of Power Cord (Min. / Max.):
||5 Ft. / 6 Ft.
|Plug Type (NEMA):
|Fan Speeds (Cool):
|Fan Speeds (Fan):
|Low Voltage Start-Up:
|Auto Cool Function:
|Energy Saver Mode:
|24-Hour On / Off Timer:
|Clean Air Ionizer:
||Full-Function Remote Thermostat
|Air CFM (High/Med/Low):
|Air Direction Control:
|Fresh Air / Exhaust Vent / Closed:
||Yes / Yes / Yes
|Window Mounting Kit:
||Pleated Quick Mount (Included)
Dimensions and Weights
||26 1/2" Min. - 40 1/2" Max.
||18 1/2" Min.
|Wall Cutout Width:
|Wall Cutout Thickness:
|Wall Cutout Height:
|Shipping Weight (Approx.):
- Use less energy than standard air conditioners reducing your energy usage, and ultimately lowering your utility bills.
- Remote control thermostat precisely maintains preset room temperature, so you can remain comfortable at all times.
- You can ensure your home will be cool and comfortable when you want it to be without having to worry about running up your utility bills.
- The built-in timer allows you to preset the unit to turn on and off in half-hour increments.
- Reduce your utility bills in this mode.
- It cools similarly to central air, with the unit turning on and off at different intervals to ensure the room temperature stays at the set temperature.
- Features three different fan speeds, for more cooling flexibility.
- With Sleep Mode, the temperature gradually increases a few degrees over the evening.
- Saves energy and creates a comfortable environment during the evening hours.
- Offers you the flexibility to control the temperature and fan speed from anywhere in the room.
- With this feature, the electronic air purifier is energized to remove pollen and impurities from the air, improving your comfort.
- Their antibacterial filter reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles for a healthier, more comfortable environment.
- With the Adjustable Side Panels, the side panels will extend to best fit your window.
- Comes with an extra long three-prong cord.
- Makes extension cords unnecessary.
- Automatically resumes operating at its previous settings when power is restored to your unit.
- Alert notifies you when your filter needs to be cleaned so you don't have to keep track of it yourself.
- Easily select options with the touch of a button.
- Available at AJ Madison.
Save $25 (ConEdison Customers Only)
Get $25 cash back with mail-in rebate or online on a Energy Star room air-conditioner.
This offer is limited to two rebates per account holder. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download, complete and mail in the rebate form and all required documentations by the given postmark date.
1. Rebates offered to Con Edison residential electric customers, regardless of energy supplier.
2. Customer is not eligible to receive financial incentives and/or rebate for the same eligible measures from NYSERDA and/or another electric or gas utility company.
3. Customer shall be responsible for all taxes that may be imposed with respect to the rebate offer.
4. Eligibility for appliance rebates shall be determined by Con Edison, at its sole discretion and has no obligation to notify the customer in the event Con Edison, Honeywell or its designee, determines the customer is not eligible for an appliance rebate.
5. Con Edison reserves the right to amend or terminate this rebate offer.
6. See Rebate Form for more eligibility requirements and Terms and Conditions.
Save $20 Off (ConEdison Customers Only)
Eligibility Requirements and Other Terms and Conditions
1. Rebates offered to Con Edison residential electric customers, regardless of energy supplier.
2. Rebate applications must be completed in full, signed by the Con Edison account holder and mailed to the address on the rebate, together with a legible copy of the paid receipt in its entirety that indicates the equipment manufacturer, model number, date of purchase, and store name. Failure to complete this application in full may delay or disqualify your rebate. Applications must be postmarked by January 16, 2016. Neither Con Edison, Honeywell, nor their designee, shall be responsible for lost, late, illegible, or misdirected mail.
3. A/Cs must be purchased between May 1, 2015, and December 31, 2015, to be eligible.
4. Customer is not eligible to receive financial incentives and/or rebate for the same eligible measures from NYSERDA and/or another electric or gas utility company.
5. Please allow six to eight weeks after Con Edison's receipt of complete documentation for payments of approved rebates.
6. Customer agrees and consents to Con Edison providing customer information, including but not limited to customer name, account number, electric consumption data, and electric energy savings to its third party evaluation contractor for program evaluation purposes. The evaluation contractor is obligated to Con Edison to keep the information confidential. This information may also be provided by Con Edison to the New York State Public Service Commission. This information will be aggregated with information about other Con Edison customers.
7. Customer shall be responsible for all taxes that may be imposed with respect to the rebate offer.
8. Eligibility for appliance rebates shall be determined by Con Edison, at its sole discretion and has no obligation to notify the customer in the event Con Edison, Honeywell or its designee, determines the customer is not eligible for an appliance rebate.
9. Con Edison reserves the right to amend or terminate this rebate offer.
Available Rebates - May be Combined
It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download and mail
in the rebate form by the respective closing date.
AJ Madison cannot be held responsible for non-compliance of the afore-mentioned.
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Amy Excellent Decision
After some research, I am glad I made the proper decision to go with Frigidaire
Rated 5 out of 5 by cmptrwiz first
This is my first ever A/C unit. My house is only 650 sq ft so this unit is like central air!
Rated 5 out of 5 by Krazylou14 Great Product
I recently purchased this AC unit, it cools down my whole house in half the time of my old unit , would recommend
Rated 4 out of 5 by keosh793 Effective/efficient air conditioner
I bought this to cool the downstairs of a small century home. It does the job effectively and cools the entire downstairs. My only qualm is that the Economy function seems to be set on a timer rather than the temperature. Everything else works like a charm.