Sleek, Stylish and Efficient
Chill, Friedrich's premium line of window air conditioners, has many of the features you'll find on their ultra premium Kuhl line, but without the premium price. Because it's a Friedrich, the quality and durability come standard. Most models are ENERGY STAR rated and have energy-management options like a programmable timer and a Money Saver setting. Choose from a full range of cooling capacities that will keep you comfortable in any space.
Why Choose Friedrich
As you shop for the perfect room air conditioner, you may encounter some familiar brand names. You've seen them on toasters, refrigerators, microwaves and washing machines.
Not the Friedrich name. Because air conditioners are the sole focus of their company. They don't manufacture light bulbs or televisions. They make air conditioners.
You'll find a range of choices: room, portable, ductless split systems, to name just a few. Their product pages will help you determine which type of air conditioner and installation best meet your needs.
For quality, performance, efficiency, choice and service, Friedrich is the name to know. Before you make this important purchase, find out what makes Friedrich air conditioners different.
Durable, Quiet, Efficient
Friedrich air conditioners are hard-working and hard-wearing. Their commercial-grade products are the first choice for tough environments, from oil rigs to the Kennedy Space Center. Constructed from the highest-quality materials and components, these units are built to exacting standards - yet they are among the quietest and most energy-efficient available.
How to Choose a Room Air Conditioner
Compared to large capacity central units, room air conditioners have several advantages. The initial cost of a room air conditioning unit is significantly lower than the cost of central air. Because room air conditioners are designed for cooling small spaces, operating costs are reduced. And, room air conditioners can provide personalized temperature and humidity controls that central systems cannot.
Calculating Cooling Capacity
Cooling capacity is the critical factor in properly selecting a room air conditioner. Cooling capacity is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) and typical models will range in capacity from 5,000 BTUs to 28,500 BTUs.
Choosing an undersized unit will overwork the unit and it will not cool properly. Choosing an oversized unit will cost more to buy and operate and it will not dehumidify properly.
We can help you to calculate capacity. Be prepared to provide specific information on:
Cooling Capacity by Room Size
- Room Dimensions
- A simple floor plan to show the location of doors and north-facing windows
- The number of people it will serve
- Sources of heat such as lamps, TV and appliances
- An explanation of what's above the intended room
- Your insulation provisions
Measure the length and width of the area to be cooled. Multiply the length by the width to determine square footage or square meters. When cooling rooms with uninsulated ceilings, great rooms, or southern or western sun exposures - step up to the next BTU size.
|Sq. Ft.||Sq. m|
|150||14 ||up to 5,000|
This air conditioner has an Energy Efficiency Rating of 11.2 and has an estimated yearly operating cost of $44.56.
The estimated yearly operating cost is based on the 2011 national average cost of $.1109 cents per kWh for electricity and an estimated number of operating hours of 750 hours. Your operating cost will depend on your utility rates and usage.
|Energy Efficiency Ratio (ERR):
|Room Side Air Circulation:
|Circuit Rating Breaker or T-D Fuse:
||125V - 15A
|Plug Face (NEMA#):
|Power Cord Length:
|Overall Depth with Front:
|Shell Depth To Louvers:
|Min. Extension Into Room:
|Min. Extension Outside:
||20 1/8" Min. - 36" Max.
|In-Wall Finished Hole Width:
|In-Wall Finished Hole Depth:
||7 1/2" Max.
|In-Wall Finished Hole Height:
- 24-hour timer lets you program on/off times.
- Auto Air Sweep swing louvers provide more even air distribution.
- 3 cooling speeds, and fan speeds.
- Ultra quiet operation.
- 4-way air flow control.
- Auto restart saves settings if power is interrupted.
- Energy Star qualified model.
- Money Saver setting saves money by only operating the fan when the compressor is running in cooling mode.
- Washable, antimicrobial air filter.
- Stale air exhaust.
- Slide-out chassis.
- Install in window or thru-wall.
- Standard-grade installation hardware.
- Expandable side curtains.
- Power cord can run from the left or right side of the unit.
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection.
- Available at AJ Madison.
Save $25 (ConEdison Customers Only)
Get $25 cash back with mail-in rebate or online on a Energy Star room air-conditioner.
This offer is limited to two rebates per account holder. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download, complete and mail in the rebate form and all required documentations by the given postmark date.
1. Rebates offered to Con Edison residential electric customers, regardless of energy supplier.
2. Customer is not eligible to receive financial incentives and/or rebate for the same eligible measures from NYSERDA and/or another electric or gas utility company.
3. Customer shall be responsible for all taxes that may be imposed with respect to the rebate offer.
4. Eligibility for appliance rebates shall be determined by Con Edison, at its sole discretion and has no obligation to notify the customer in the event Con Edison, Honeywell or its designee, determines the customer is not eligible for an appliance rebate.
5. Con Edison reserves the right to amend or terminate this rebate offer.
6. See Rebate Form for more eligibility requirements and Terms and Conditions.
How To Save:
Save $30 via online rebate on a qualifying Friedrich room air conditioner.
To apply, go to http://www.friedrich.com/support-downloads/rebate-information and click the '2015 Rebate Submission'. Claim must be postmarked by September 12, 2015. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download, complete and mail in the rebate form and all required documentations by the given postmark date.
Save $20 Off (ConEdison Customers Only)
Eligibility Requirements and Other Terms and Conditions
1. Rebates offered to Con Edison residential electric customers, regardless of energy supplier.
2. Rebate applications must be completed in full, signed by the Con Edison account holder and mailed to the address on the rebate, together with a legible copy of the paid receipt in its entirety that indicates the equipment manufacturer, model number, date of purchase, and store name. Failure to complete this application in full may delay or disqualify your rebate. Applications must be postmarked by January 16, 2016. Neither Con Edison, Honeywell, nor their designee, shall be responsible for lost, late, illegible, or misdirected mail.
3. A/Cs must be purchased between May 1, 2015, and December 31, 2015, to be eligible.
4. Customer is not eligible to receive financial incentives and/or rebate for the same eligible measures from NYSERDA and/or another electric or gas utility company.
5. Please allow six to eight weeks after Con Edison's receipt of complete documentation for payments of approved rebates.
6. Customer agrees and consents to Con Edison providing customer information, including but not limited to customer name, account number, electric consumption data, and electric energy savings to its third party evaluation contractor for program evaluation purposes. The evaluation contractor is obligated to Con Edison to keep the information confidential. This information may also be provided by Con Edison to the New York State Public Service Commission. This information will be aggregated with information about other Con Edison customers.
7. Customer shall be responsible for all taxes that may be imposed with respect to the rebate offer.
8. Eligibility for appliance rebates shall be determined by Con Edison, at its sole discretion and has no obligation to notify the customer in the event Con Edison, Honeywell or its designee, determines the customer is not eligible for an appliance rebate.
9. Con Edison reserves the right to amend or terminate this rebate offer.
Available Rebates - May be Combined
It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download and mail
in the rebate form by the respective closing date.
AJ Madison cannot be held responsible for non-compliance of the afore-mentioned.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 3
Rated 2 out of 5 by ARCON Lacking some QA during manufacturing maybe?
purchase 2 of these units for through the wall installation. Sleeve and all necessary hardware are included, and the price is hard to beat for a sleeved unit. There are a number of operational options, and the units cool relatively well but one of them is rather noisy! The general downside is their construction, which is not up to the quality, fit and finish I have seen in other brands! Both units out of the box had to be modified in order for the fans to turn freely of insulation, and one of them had a fan shroud that was broken in two places that had to be cut away to avoid interference with the fan. One of the sleeves was heavily bent, and even after some messaging places the front cover (interior) in a bind to install and operate the separate control panel. There are also significant gaps through the unit where exterior light can be seen coming through the unit... sealing them between the sleeve and unit would render slide out difficult if replacement were ever necessary. For what I am using them for they work ok, but if quality was my objective, I would look at a different model or brand. Can't comment on longevity as I have just installed them and use them intermittently. Design had great potential, but construction and quality are lacking! plan to spend some extra time during install to work the bugs out! If patient, and a little tolerant of short comings, they can be a savings over other options that come with a removable sleeve for through wall install which was the selling point for me.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cottage Quiet
Installed this in our cottage bedroom and runs great very quiet. Packaged very well in shipping.
Rated 5 out of 5 by NMDJForney Very Quiet Window AC
My husband and I have bought many window air conditioners that have claimed to be quiet. This is the first one that truly lived up to its reputation! It works great and is truly quiet. We can now enjoy watching TV without having to crank up the volume. Awesome air conditioner - I would recommend to everyone!